Cookie cakes are a fantastic alternative to cookies and cake. With this chocolate chip cookie cake recipe, you are getting the best of both worlds. A soft, huge, chewy cookie, topped with buttercream frosting and candied sprinkles, that is perfect for parties and get togethers. Make this homemade chocolate cookie cake for your next party.
Sometimes, you want cookies. Sometimes you want cake. With this chocolate chip cookie cake, you get a great tasting cookie that can be decorated with frosting, candies or sprinkles. This cookie cake recipe is perfect for all kinds of occasions. Everyone loves a chocolate chip cookie and this recipe takes it to a new level.
How to Store this Homemade Cookie Cake
Once you have made you homemade cookie cake, you want to make sure you keep it covered in an airtight container or using plastic wrap. Once the cookie cake has been cut down into pieces, a freezer bag is also an option. This will keep the cookie from getting hard and stale. The cookie cake should be stored at room temperature or it can be moved to the freezer if you have more cookie than you will be able to eat before it goes bad.
How Long Does Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Last
When you make this cake, you might not finish it all at once. In that case you will want to make sure you are storing it properly so that it lasts. When stored properly the cookie cake will last about 5 days. You can also freeze the cookie and it will last up to 3 months when it is wrapped well to prevent freezer burn. If you have decorated the chocolate chip cookie cake with frosting, you might want to freeze the pieces of cookie first so that the frosting has time to harden and not stick to the plastic.
Variations to Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Recipe
While this cookie cake recipe is a basic one, it is perfect to be able to change it up. There are many ways to make this cookie cake with different variations. Some of my favorite ideas are:
- Uses Flavored Chocolate Chips: There are so many different flavors of baking chips out there and you can swap them for the chocolate chips or add them together. You can use peanut butter, toffee, mint or white chocolate chips. There are also strawberry chips, butterscotch and caramel that would taste great in this cookie cake.
- Add Extracts: Adding extracts is a great way to add additional flavors into your cookie dough. Beside vanilla, there are peppermint, root beer, lemon, butter, and many other flavors. Each one would add a delicious twist to the cookie cake.
- Add Candy: You can add chopped candy into the cookie dough itself, or once the cookie cake has finished baking and you are ready to decorate it, you can add candy to the top. Your guests’ eyes, especially the kids, will light up when they see this cookie cake covered in candy.
Ingredients Needed For This Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Chocolate chips
- Baking soda
- Corn starch
- Brown sugar
- Candied sprinkles
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy cream
- Gel food coloring
How To Make A Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Beat together butter, brown sugar, and sugar, followed by vanilla and egg until smooth.
- Beat in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and milk until thick.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove from oven and let cool.
For The Frosting
- Beat powdered sugar, heavy cream, butter, vanilla and gel color together.
- Pipe onto outer edge of cookie cake as desired, add more sprinkles, and enjoy!
Try This Delicious Cookie Cake Today
Here are a few more delicious cookie recipes that can be found on the blog:
- Valentine’s Sugar Cookies
- Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pretzel Cookies
- Hockey Puck Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ sticks butter (¾ cup), room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ tsp cornstarch
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ⅛ cup sprinkles
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream (more if needed)
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pastel gel coloring
Preheat oven to 350° and line an 8 or 9 inch springform pan or round cake pan with foil. Spray with non stick spray. Set aside.
Beat together butter, brown sugar, and sugar, followed by vanilla and egg until smooth.
Beat in flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt and milk until thick.
Place in the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Carefully remove from oven and let cool.
Beat powdered sugar, heavy cream, butter, vanilla and gel color together.
Pipe onto outer edge of cookie cake as desired, add more sprinkles, and enjoy!
Recipe mostly adapted from Life, Love and Sugar
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.