These Buffalo chicken sliders are a quick and easy, delicious, hearty slider recipe loaded with tender, juicy shredded chicken, and Buffalo sauce and topped with Colby jack cheese, then baked in the oven until the cheese is melty.
If you love sliders and you love Buffalo chicken, then get ready for the best meal or appetizer you’ve ever made. These combine both into one amazing dish. I’ve been making sliders for years. At first, I started off doing a copycat of Crystals hamburger sliders. From there, I branched out into all kinds of recipes from pork and steak sliders to sloppy Joe sliders and everything in between. One of my favorite varieties to make, especially on game days, is this recipe for Buffalo chicken sliders. These little sandwiches have everything we love in both sliders and classic Buffalo chicken.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
These sandwiches start with tender, juicy shredded chicken. Then, I combine it with Buffalo sauce for that classic chicken wing flavor. Finally, I load up buns with the chicken mixture, top it with Colby Jack cheese, and bake it in the oven to melty perfection. When it’s all said and done, I have the perfect recipe for any party or a fun dinner on the weekend. They’re so full of flavor and so easy to make. You can’t beat that combo!
Why You’ll Love This Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
- They’re easy to make with just a few basic ingredients and can be on the table in no time at all.
- They are delicious and the combination of the chicken with the tangy buffalo sauce and the cheese are simply irresistible and a great appetizer or main dish.
- They’re versatile and can be customized to your family’s liking. Adding your favorite toppings like ranch dressing or blue cheese crumbles are also delicious.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders Ingredients
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe, and you’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts are a lean and healthy protein source that can be cooked and shredded easily and is the main ingredient in these buffalo sliders.
- Butter is used to cook the chicken and adds flavor to the sliders.
- Garlic salt also adds savory flavor to the sliders.
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning is a Cajun seasoning that adds a spicy kick.
- Black pepper also adds a bit of heat to the chicken.
- Buffalo sauce gives the sliders their signature flavor and is the star of the show.
- Colby Jack cheese is great to use because it melts well and adds a bit of creaminess to the sliders.
- Slider buns are soft and fluffy, they hold up well, and are the perfect size for these sliders.
- Mayonnaise is used on the slider buns prior to toasting the buns so the juices from the chicken do not soak in.
- Melted butter is brushed on the buns before baking which gives them the golden brown crust.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Making these sliders is just about as easy as shopping for the ingredients. It doesn’t take much time, and you’ll be in and out of the kitchen quickly.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Cook the Chicken
Melt butter over medium heat in a large frying pan. Then, season the chicken breasts and cook them for 5 to 7 minutes on each side until golden and the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
Step 3: Make the Buffalo Chicken Mixture
Add the chicken to a mixing bowl and shred it with 2 forks. Then, add the Buffalo sauce and stir until all the chicken is well coated.
Step 4: Toast the Buns
Spread may on the inside of both sides of the buns. Then, toast them until golden in a large frying pan over medium heat.
Step 5: Bake
Place the bottom buns on the prepared baking sheet. Then, top them with the Buffalo chicken mixture followed by cheese slices. Add the top buns, brush them with melted butter, and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Shred your chicken while it’s as hot as possible. Hot chicken shreds much better than cool chicken.
- Add just enough mayonnaise to coat the inside of the buns. You don’t need a heavy layer.
- It’s important to spray your baking sheet with nonstick spray so your sliders actually come off of the sheet.
- You can make this recipe with shredded turkey or pork, as well.
- Use your favorite cheese for these sliders.
- Try any of your favorite slider buns.
- For even more heat, add diced jalapeno to the Buffalo chicken mixture.
- Can use shredded rotisserie chicken for an even faster meal.
What Pairs with Buffalo Chicken Sliders
These sandwiches are perfect with all your favorite grilling, BBQ, and game day sides. Serve them with:
- French fries
- Sweet potato fries
- Potato wedges
- Tater tots
- Mac and cheese
- Baked beans
- Celery sticks
- Potato salad
- Onion rings
- Blue cheese dip
- Creamy ranch
What is Buffalo sauce made of?
Buffalo sauce is a mixture of cayenne-based hot sauce, melted butter, and vinegar. Depending on the recipe, it can range from fairly mild to blazing hot.
What are the best slider buns to use for sliders?
The top spot for best slider buns is tied between brioche buns and Hawaiian rolls. Both of these buns are fluffy but firm and have a slight sweetness to them.
What cheese goes with Buffalo chicken?
Buffalo chicken is perfect with a variety of cheeses. Try any of the following.
- Colby Jack
- Monterey Jack
- Pepper Jack
- Cheddar cheese
Can these Buffalo chicken sliders be made in advance?
Absolutely. Make the Buffalo chicken mixture a day or 2 in advance. Then, reheat the mixture and follow the rest of the recipe when ready to serve.
Can you freeze Buffalo chicken sliders?
I don’t recommend freezing whole sandwiches. However, you can freeze the Buffalo chicken mixture to make sliders in the future.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Store the Buffalo slider chicken mixture in its own container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months. In both cases, store the chicken in its own container, then reheat it on the stovetop over medium-low heat. From there, follow the recipe as you did before, toasting the buns and baking the sliders.
Try This Delicious Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe Today
These Buffalo chicken sliders perfectly combine all the flavors we love in our Buffalo chicken with the sensibilities of sliders to create a delicious treat that’s perfect as an appetizer or main course. With such an easy recipe and so much flavor, you need to give this one a try. Make it just once, and I’m positive it will become part of your regular recipe rotation.
More Delicious Slider Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Pulled Pork Sliders – These pulled pork sliders are made with delicious barbecue pulled pork, creamy coleslaw, and crispy fried onions.
Cheesy Beef Sliders – Perfect for any gathering or party, these sliders are loaded with deliciously seasoned beef, onions, black olives, and cheese.
Breakfast Sliders – Made with eggs, sausage, and homemade gravy, these breakfast sliders are easy to make, delicious, and perfect for family breakfast.
And, here are some delicious Chili Dog Sliders, from Deliciously Seasoned, that you will enjoy as well.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups buffalo sauce
- 6 slices Colby jack cheese
- 12 slider buns
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Season chicken breasts and add chicken to the pan.
- Cook chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side until golden or when internal temperature reaches 165°
- Add chicken to a mixing bowl and shred with an electric hand mixer or with two forks.
- Stir buffalo sauce into chicken and stir until all chicken is coated well.
- Spread mayonnaise on both sides of the buns.
- In a large frying pan or skillet, over medium heat, toast slider buns, mayo side down, until golden.
- Place bottom buns on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add the shredded chicken mixture on top of the bottom buns.
- Place sliced cheese on top of the chicken mixture and add the top buns.
- Brush melted butter over the top buns and bake until the cheese is melted.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.