Are you ready for a fun treat that is certain to please? These Blueberry Cream Cheese Egg Rolls are going to be a total hit! Not only are they ridiculously tasty but they’re really, really simple to make, too!
If you’re anything like me, when you hear the words egg rolls, you don’t start thinking about desserts. But guess what? You should! This simple dessert recipe is one of our favorites and something that we actually make all the time.
And if you’re lucky enough to be able to have fresh blueberries in your area that you can pick and use, that simple addition can easily take the flavor of these blueberry egg rolls over the top!
The next time you’re wanting to surprise your family and friends with something sweet, keep this unique dessert in mind. They’ll be amazed that you were creative enough to make something so tasty and different!
Can you use frozen blueberries in this recipe instead of fresh blueberries?
To be honest, fresh blueberries are going to be the best. This is because frozen blueberries are going to hold onto more liquid that will ultimately get released once they start cooking. If you have frozen blueberries, they will work just fine. Just don’t add as much water to the sauce pan.
What other fruit could you use for this egg roll recipe?
This is one of my favorite things about this simple egg roll dessert. You can easily make the flavor different just by swapping out the fruit. Using fresh strawberries, blackberries and even raspberries in place of fresh blueberries is delicious as well! As long as you have a fruit that you love, you can easily use it in this simple dessert recipe.
Simple Variations for these Blueberry Cream Cheese Egg Rolls
While we’re crazy about the fruit, I’d be lying if I didn’t acknowledge the fact that you can easily make other variations of dessert egg rolls as well. Since we already went over the fruit options above, open up your mind and think about the next best thing – chocolate!
Can you imagine making up this dessert with mini chocolate chips inside? You can even take it a step further and have some marshmallow fluff in there, too. I’m not joking at all when I say that these egg rolls are unique and are so much fun to change up.
I’ve made them just like the recipe calls for and I’ve also created them differently a few times as well. You can even have a bake-off in the kitchen and let everyone create their own.
Having a taste test and deciding the winner is one of the best parts! (plus you get to sample a ton of delicious dishes, too!)
Are these egg rolls crunchy or chewy?
Depending on how you fry them, they should be a little bit of both, crunchy and chewy. But my biggest tip when it comes to making these Blueberry Cream Cheese Egg Rolls is that you need to be certain to let them cool!
Since they’re wrapped up, the heat is going to stay trapped inside the egg roll. The last thing you want is to have anyone burn their mouth! Instead, give them a little bit too cool down before you or anyone else takes a bite. And while it might seem like pure torture waiting, I can assure you that it’s totally worth the wait!
Try This Delicious Blueberry Cream Cheese Egg Roll Recipe Today
More Delicious Blueberry Recipes You’ll Enjoy
These Blueberry Lemon Crumb Bars are a delicious blueberry dessert recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Egg Rolls
For The Blueberry Filling
For The Blueberry Filling
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add blueberries, sugar, 3 tablespoons water and lemon juice. Stir and cook until blueberries have burst, approximately 3-4 minutes after coming to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining water and cornstarch until combined then add to blueberry mixture.
- Continue stirring until blueberry mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and let cool.
For The Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium bowl, using a electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Beat for an additional 2 minutes.
Assembling The Egg Rolls
- Add a couple tablespoons of cream cheese mixture, in the center of the egg roll wrapper followed by a heaping spoonful, or two, of the blueberry filling on top of the cream cheese filling.
- Using your fingers, dip your finger into water and rub water along the edges of the wrapper (this will help seal the egg roll closed).
- Tightly fold in sides over the filling and then roll the front edge up over the filling and towards the back.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, or frying pan to 375 degrees.
- Add egg rolls, a few at a time, to pan and cook for a few minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar right before serving.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.