Blackberries are amazing! I LOVE blackberries and especially homemade blackberry cobbler! There is just something about a good summer cobbler, and this blackberry cobbler is just the one! I’ve been on a cobbler kick lately and had some awesome looking blackberries in the fridge that needed to be used up. These babies were huge and would be perfect for this recipe, so after I finished making my fresh peach cobbler, I dived right in to baking this one!
We are stocked up with delicious desserts right now! Two different kinds of cobblers waiting to be eaten on the same day! Yum! That’s what I do, go all crazy in the kitchen baking lots of things at once and then work on the posts as when I can. Being that I work nights as an RN, I try to get as much baking done on my nights off! I have been bringing my creations to work lately and I have lots of ‘taste testers’ that are pretty happy about it!
This blackberry cobbler is super simple to make and is great for those mornings when you are craving something sweet and tart! Yum! There are many ways to make delicious cobblers, so make sure to give this recipe a try while these awesome berries are still in season!
So delicious, so tart, so tasty! Make it today!
- 3 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed and pat dried
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ⅓ cup earth balance® butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Rinse and pat dry blackberries, add to a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar over blackberries, gently stir to coat blackberries. Let set for approximately 25 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and milk together. Pour melted butter into flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Lightly greased 9 inch round baking dish.
- Pour batter into baking dish. Gently spoon blackberries and sugar over batter.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with your favorite ice cream or some whipped cream.