These bacon wrapped brussel sprouts are a delicious and easy-to-make side dish that is perfect for any occasion. The flavor combination of crispy bacon and tender brussel sprouts is simply irresistible.
If you’re looking for a delicious appetizer or even a fun side dish, then you’ve found it here. Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce my bacon wrapped brussel sprouts! These delicious bites have been part of my recipe rotation for several years now, and why wouldn’t they be? With fresh, peppery brussel sprouts loaded with the sweet and savory flavors of maple syrup and Dijon mustard and crispy bacon wrapped around them, these are one of the best appetizers you’ll ever make. I love to bring these to almost any kind of party, and I’ve even been known to serve them as a fun side dish along beef, chicken, and pork dishes. They’re so easy and so good!
Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
These tasty, bacon wrapped bites start with fresh brussel sprouts. I wrap them in bacon, and then I season them with a delicious mixture of Dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. After that, I place them on a wire rack situated atop a baking sheet and bake them until the bacon is crispy and the brussel sprouts are soft. That’s it! It only takes a few minutes of prep, and then I just wait for about 40 minutes for those little bites to bake. They’re absolutely delicious, and everyone always loves them.
Why You’ll Love This Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprout Recipe
- They are easy to make and are a perfect side dish for busy weeknights or when entertaining guests.
- The combination of salty bacon and slightly sweet brussels sprouts is simply irresistible. The bacon adds a richness and depth of flavor, while the brussels sprouts provide a crunchy texture.
- It’s on the healthier side, while the brussels sprouts are a good source of fiber, vitamins and minerals, they are also low in calories and fat. While this recipe may seem indulgent, it’s actually a delicious choice to enjoy.
Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts Ingredients
It only takes a handful of simple ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll just need brussel sprouts, bacon, and a few other ingredients. You’ll find everything you need quickly and easily at your local grocery store.
- Brussel sprouts
- Maple syrup
- Dijon mustard
- Black pepper
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
Making this delicious brussel sprout recipe is just as easy as shopping for the ingredients. It just takes a few minutes of prep and a few simple steps. That’s all there is to it!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top. Set aside.
Step 2: Wrap the Brussel Sprout
Wrap each brussel sprout half in a bacon slice, and place them on the wire rack seam side down.
Step 3: Coat in Sauce
Mix the maple syrup, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and drizzle or brush it over the bacon wrapped brussel sprouts.
Step 4: Bake
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the brussel sprouts are tender. Enjoy!
- It’s important to bake these on a rack so the bacon gets crispy.
- Choose fresh brussel sprouts with no marring or spots.
- If you choose to brush on the sauce, use a food grade silicon brush.
- Use your favorite brand and variety of bacon for this recipe.
- You can make these with BBQ sauce in place of mustard sauce.
- For a kick of heat, try adding a bit of cayenne or red pepper flakes to the sauce.
What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
These brussel sprouts pair well with all of your favorite appetizers, adding a zippy flavor to any appetizer spread. You can also serve them alongside your favorite beef, chicken, or pork recipes. Pair them with mashed potatoes, quinoa, baked sweet potatoes, polenta, risotto, or other vegetables, as well.
Bacon wrapped brussel sprouts are easy to make in the air fryer. Simply follow the directions and place in the air fryer basket, place seam-side down, then air fry at 370 for 15 minutes until they’re tender and the bacon is crispy.
If you cook brussel sprouts too long, they’ll develop an offensive order that’s often associated with brussel sprouts. They’ll also be mushy and bitter.
Simply baking them on a baking sheet won’t make the bacon crispy. You have to cook them on a wire rack so the heat can circulate around all parts of the bites.
You can use your favorite brand or variety of bacon for this recipe. They all work! Thin strips of bacon work best and crisps up faster than thick-cut bacon.
While these can be reheated, they’re best when they’re fresh from the oven. I don’t recommend making them ahead of time.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Refrigerate for up to 3 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, freeze them for up to 4 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat, place the bacon wrapped brussel sprouts on a wire rack over a baking sheet. Then, bake for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees or until heated through.
Try This Delicious Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts Recipe Today
These bacon wrapped brussel sprouts are zesty, sweet, and tangy. AND they’re wrapped up in crispy bacon. You can’t beat that. Wait, you can because they’re also super easy to make! Now that’s a combo you just can’t beat. Try this recipe just once, and I guarantee you’ll find yourself making it again and again. You’ll be looking for reasons to make it!
More Delicious Bacon Wrapped Recipes You’ll Enjoy
This delicious Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken is a hearty, flavorful, and delicious chicken recipe loaded with all the classic flavors of jalapeno poppers. An easy and family favorite dinner recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on baking sheet.
- Wrap each brussels sprout half in a bacon slice.
- Place the wrapped brussels sprouts on the prepared baking sheet, seam side down.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the maple syrup mixture over the wrapped brussels sprouts.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through and crispy, and the brussels sprouts are tender.
- Serve immediately.
Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media. Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest.