If you love jalapeno poppers, you are going to absolutely love this Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken recipe. Delicious does not begin to describe this tasty, mouth watering chicken recipe. Whether you are cooking for a few people, or for a crowd, you cannot go wrong with this dish.
Keto Chicken Breast Recipe
Whenever I make this low carb, keto chicken breast recipe for family and friends, there are rarely any leftovers. My family loves jalapeño poppers, loves chicken and absolutely love this recipe. It’s one of those delicious chicken recipes that keeps everyone coming back for seconds, and thirds!
How To Remove Seeds From jalapenos
When preparing the Jalapeno peppers, be careful and make sure to wear gloves as you do not want any of the oils from the peppers getting on your fingers, and then possibly getting in your eyes, as the oils from the peppers can burn. If you do not have gloves, you can use a spoon to scrape the seeds and membrane from the jalapenos making sure to wash your hands after handling the peppers. Keep in mind that the heat from the jalapeno peppers are in the seeds and inner membrane so it’s important to remove them before dicing. If you want to add a bit more spice, leave the seeds, or add a few seeds into the mixture to heat things up.
Cream cheese is the base of this luscious filling. Once the cream cheese mixture has been beaten smooth, add spices, diced jalapenos, sliced green onions, cheese and mix together.
How To Stuff Chicken Breasts
Each chicken breasts is basically butterflied lengthwise making sure not to cut all the way through. An easy way to do it is to lay the chicken flat, then cut a slit lengthwise but only cutting the center so three sides of each chicken breast are still intact. Then add the cheesy mixture into the pocket of each chicken breast and finally wrap each stuffed chicken breast in bacon. And what can I say…. Everything is better wrapped in bacon!
Can this Jalapeno Popper Chicken recipe be made ahead of time?
Yes, it sure can. This jalapeno popper chicken is a great recipe that can be prepared ahead of time. Finally, when ready to prepare dinner, just pop them in the oven and you will have an easy chicken recipe. After wrapping each piece of chicken with 2 to 3 pieces of bacon, wrap each breast in plastic wrap and place in an airtight container until ready to bake. Then remove wrap and place in prepared baking dish and let sit for about 30 minutes prior to putting in the oven.
Ingredients Needed For Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Cream Cheese
- Green onions
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
(Actual measurements are in the recipe card below.)
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a 13 x 9 baking pan with non stick spray. Set aside.
- Slice each chicken breast lengthwise, in half, stopping before slicing all the way through.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese for 1-2 minutes then add diced jalapenos, green onions, sharp cheddar cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Next, spread mixture on one side of chicken breast and then fold chicken back over mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, optional
- Wrap each piece of chicken with 2-3 pieces of bacon to secure tightly.
- Place each wrapped chicken breast in baking pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and no longer pink (some of the cream cheese mixture will leak out during cooking).
- Turn on broiler and broil for an additional 5-7 minutes or until bacon is crispy (optional: then flip the chicken over to crisp up the bacon on the other side, if desired).
- Finally, carefully remove from oven and enjoy!
Try This Delicious Jalapeno Popper Chicken Wrapped in Bacon Today
Here are a few more delicious chicken recipes that can be found on the blog:
- Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings
- Parmesan Crusted Lemon Chicken Strips
- Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken
- Chicken Curry Pasta Salad
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 large jalapeno, seeds removed, diced small
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 lb bacon
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 375° and lightly spray a 13x9 baking pan with non stick spray. Set aside.
Slice each chicken breast lengthwise, in half, stopping before slicing all the way through.
In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese for 1-2 minutes then add diced jalapenos, green onions, sharp cheddar cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Stir until combined.
Spread mixture on one side of chicken breast and then fold chicken back over mixture. Sprinkle with salt and additional pepper, if desired.
Wrap each piece of chicken with 2-3 pieces of bacon to secure tightly.
Place each wrapped chicken breast in baking pan and place in oven.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and no longer pink and internal temperature is 165°.
Turn on broiler and broil for an additional 5-7 minutes or until bacon is crispy. *Flip chicken over once the bacon is crispy to crisp up the other side, optional.
Carefully remove from oven and enjoy!
Recipe inspired from ketocookingchristian
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.