Red Potato Salad
I’ve been making potato salad for years and this is by far my favorite variety that I make. So creamy and a great recipe to share with others. This red potato salad is perfect for summer barbecues. Serve this tasty side dish along with BBQ’d steaks, burgers and hot dogs. A perfect potluck dish as well.
This red potato salad is super delicious, loaded with soft, creamy, red potatoes cut into small bite size pieces, small chunks of dill pickles, chopped hard boiled eggs and delicious onions.
Using red potatoes in this salad definitely makes a difference in the texture, the creaminess and the taste, along with the rest of the ingredients! All together, the ingredients each have an important part in this recipe, complimenting each other and making it one of our favorites ever!
Just look at this bite! Doesn’t this red potato salad look like it belongs on your plate along side a delicious burger? With the weather changing and getting nicer, this is the perfect recipe to make this weekend for you and your family to enjoy.
Usually we have leftovers for a while but not this time. Within 3 days this red potato salad was gone.
The next time you are going to make potato salad, save and remember this recipe. You will be so happy you did! Here are a couple other delicious salad recipes on the blog that you might also enjoy: vegan potato salad, avocado potato salad, macaroni salad and chipotle macaroni salad.
Try this red potato salad today
- 17-18 red potatoes (skins left on)
- 2+ cups mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs yellow mustard
- 4 large dill pickles, sliced and cubed into small pieces
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Optional: green onions, sliced for garnish
- In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with water, bring to a boil and cook on medium flame until fork tender. About 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain water and set pan back on the stove to let potatoes cool a while.
- Boil eggs while potatoes are boiling. Drain and rinse with cold water. Cover with cold water to continue cooling the eggs until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, place chopped pickles, onions, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add chopped eggs into mayonnaise mixture, stir until combined.
- Cut each potato into small bite size pieces and place in mixing bowl. Gently mix until well coated.
- Place in refrigerator until chilled completely.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.