Chicken Pasta Salad
With Memorial Day right around the corner, this chicken pasta salad will be a great addition to add to the holiday menu. It’s loaded with delicious flavor that everyone will enjoy!
So many flavors with the red onions, black olives, celery, pickles, then adding the chicken and pasta, makes this one tasty pasta salad. A delicious side dish that will be gobbled up in no time.
Chicken pasta salad goes great along side barbecued chicken, hot dogs and Italian sausage. Actually, it’s great with any barbecue meal. Heck yeah, serve it cold and watch it disappear.
Tuna can be substituted in place of the chicken if that sounds more appealing. Both are great in this pasta salad recipe. And who doesn’t love a good cold tuna pasta salad?
When I make pasta salads, I like to mix all the ingredients together first, except for the pasta. Doing it this way, makes mixing and coating the pasta easier. There’s less of a chance of breaking up the pasta with too much stirring. I do it this way with my potato salads too.
Makes a perfect side dish to serve with everyday meals and great for taking to potlucks and family barbecues. This is always a winner with our family and friends.
Try this delicious chicken pasta salad today
- 1 12 oz box shell pasta
- 2 9.25 oz cans white premium chunk chicken breast, drained
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 7 oz can chopped black olives
- 2 dill pickles, chopped
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2+ cups mayo
- 1 Tbs mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Boil eggs until done. Peel once eggs have cooled, chop and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix chicken, onions, celery, olives, pickles, eggs, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Add pasta and mix until combined. Add additional mayonnaise if needed.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.