One of my favorite summer time food is potato salad. Actually, I love potato salad all year round and this potato salad is vegan and dairy free. I used to put eggs and real mayo in my old recipe, but times have changed and so has this potato salad recipe!
Being able to enjoy foods that taste great are one of the reason I am able to be vegan and eat a whole food, plant-based diet! It’s not always easy, but having foods like this, that are great tasting, make it all worth it. This potato salad will not disappoint!
When I am peeling my potatoes, I always have a big bowl of cold water to put the freshly peeled potatoes in. That way they don’t start turning colors on me. Then I just pull one out at a time and cut them to the size I want.
If you haven’t tried this mayo before, you should give it a try. I am so glad to have a healthier alternative to regular mayonnaise.
- 5 large russet potatoes peeled, cubed
- 2 cups Just Mayo
- 1 cup dill pickles diced small
- 1/2 cup celery diced (optional)
- 2 Tbs mustard
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut potatoes into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Add to a large dutch oven, and boil until potatoes are cooked but still firm.
- Once potatoes are cook, drain water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add mayo, mustard, pickles, onion and celery. Stir until combined.
- Add potatoes to large mixing bowl and gently stir to cover.
- Add more mayo if needed.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill and enjoy!
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!
Here are some of the different types of mayonnaises available that are vegan, egg free, gluten free, and soy free!