Who’s with me when I say, I LOVE meatloaf sandwiches? How about a meatloaf panini? If you are a meatloaf lover, than you are going to love this meatloaf panini. Just another way to enjoy a delicious meatloaf sandwich.
Seriously, I was craving meatloaf so bad last week and just had to make one so I could have meatloaf sandwiches. One of my favorites all time sandwich is definitely meatloaf. But today I decided to change things up a bit and made a meatloaf panini. Oh yum!
Look at that sizzle. This is loaded with cheese. When I make these again, I’m going to try one with mozzarella cheese. I can only imagine biting into this with the cheese stretching with every bite! The flavor would be amazing! I used pepper jack in this meatloaf panini today which gave it a bit of a bite.
Everyone makes meatloaf different. Veggies are what I add to mine most of the time. I know it sounds weird but it’s so good. Just get a can of mixed vegetables, drain the liquid and mix them in last. This is how I have always made my meatloaf. So be brave, and give your meatloaf a change. The recipe link I have posted in the ingredients is for my spicy meatloaf. No veggies in that meatloaf but most always I add them.
So make yourself a meatloaf, however you make yours. Then with your leftover meatloaf, go ahead and make yourself a delicious panini. If you do not have a panini grill, just make this like you would a grilled cheese.
I’m thinking a meatloaf sandwich sounds pretty good about now. I know what I’m having for dinner…again!
Try a delicious meatloaf panini today
- Meatloaf, sliced to desired thickness
- 2 slices of cheese per sandwich, any cheese will work
- 2 slices sourdough bread for each sandwich
- Heat Panini grill to medium/high.
- Butter one side of bread.
- Put one slice of bread, buttered side down on grill.
- Top with cheese, then meatloaf, spread a little mayo on the meatloaf, add another slice of cheese and finally top with the second slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Close panini and let cook until desired crispiness is obtained, approximately 4-5 minutes.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.