Deep Fried Tortilla Wrapped Cheese Dogs
Ok, I know what you’re thinking, but these are good! When I was young, I made these every once in a while and the other day I was thinking about making them again. These deep fried tortilla wrapped cheese dogs are definitely different from a standard hot dog.
If you like deep fried food, you are certainly going to enjoy these hand held, deep fried tortilla wrapped cheese dogs. A simple treat even the young ones will enjoy.
My man said these deep fried tortilla wrapped cheese dogs reminded him of something you would get at the fair. Guess you could say that.
This is a quick and easy meal which can be made in a matter of 15 minutes or so.
With every bite, the crunchiness of the tortilla, along with the gooey cheese makes this one tasty hot dog treat.
Try these deep fried tortilla wrapped cheese dogs today
- 8 all beef hot dogs
- 8 -1/4" slices of cheddar cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large frying pan, heat about 1 inch of oil over medium heat.
- Cut each hot dog lengthwise but do not cut all the way through.
- Add a slice of cheddar cheese in the center of each hot dog.
- Wrap each hot dog in a corn tortilla and use 2 tooth picks to hold it closed.
- Next, place in hot oil and fry until golden brown, turning as needed.
- Remove from oil and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.