The first time I heard of “fried dill pickles,” I was like, “What the heck?” So, with hesitation, I ordered some. Oh my, they were so delicious. Crispy, crunchy and a.m.a.z.i.n.g!!! Now, every time we go out to eat where they serve crispy fried dill pickles, we always order some. I decided that this would be a good recipe for the blog and wanted to share it with all of you.
Deep fried “anything” is amazing really. These fried dill pickles definitely fit into the yumminess category. They are best served hot, and you need to eat them right away, so grab your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy.
These fried pickles are not hard to make and taste so good. Tasty, crispy and delicious is how I would describe these little bite-size appetizers. Ranch dressing is a super delish dipping sauce to use. Actually, any sauce that you enjoy will work well.
Ingredients Needed To Make Crispy Fried Dill Pickles
- Dill pickles
- Almond milk
- Panko bread crumbs
- Garlic salt
- Cajun seasoning
- Vegetable oil
(Actual measurements are in the recipe card below.)
So my friends, whip up a batch today! You will be so happy you did, especially if you have never tried fried pickles! Oh, did I mention they’re vegan? ;)
Fried Dill Pickles
- 3-4 cups dill pickles sliced
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2-3 cups of Panko® bread crumbs
- 1 10 oz box Kikkoman® Tempura batter mix
- 1-2 tsp garlic salt
- 1-2 tsp Cajon seasoning
- Vegetable oil
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium/high heat.
- In a large bowl, add milk.
- Use a large gallon size baggie, add approximately 1-2 cups of tempura, set aside.
- In another gallon size baggie, add approximately 2-3 cups of Panko® bread crumbs, garlic salt, Cajon seasoning, shake to mix, set aside.
- Dip a few pickle slices at a time in milk, then add to tempura, seal baggie and gently shake to coat. Next, take each pickle slice and lightly cover again in milk. Add to bread crumbs, seal and gently shake until covered.
- Carefully add the pickle slices to the oil. Cook on each side until golden brown. Fry a small batch at a time until golden brown.
- Remove and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission.
If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Only list the ingredients and make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.