Easy Blackberry Topping Recipe
Blackberries are another favorite of mine right along side delicious blueberries. This easy blackberry topping is perfect to add on top of a huge stack of pancakes, stuffed inside of french toast, and use in crepes, as well as a topping for a delicious cheesecake.
Like my easy blueberry topping, this is super simple to make and would be a great addition to the morning breakfast menu. My friend Esther made my easy blueberry topping for her pancakes and absolutely loved it. I know she’s going to love this one too! Have you all made it yet?
This blackberry topping is exactly the same as my blueberry topping other than the fruit has been changed. I also have an easy raspberry topping that I’ll post soon. If you want to get a jump on that one, just substitute raspberries for the blackberries. Oh man, it’s delicious too!
I actually made this delicious easy blackberry topping to use in my blackberry hand pies that I’ll also post soon. Talk about delish…. they’re super yummy. And, I made raspberry hand pies and blueberry hand pies too. All of which will be posted soon.
Try this delicious easy blackberry topping today
Easy Blackberry Topping
- Heat a saucepan over low/medium heat.
- Stir 2 cups of blackberries, sugar, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons water into pan and bring to a boil.
- Let boil for 3-4 minutes, then add remaining 1 cup of blackberries. Stir.
- Mix 4 tablespoons water and corn starch together. Add to blackberries and stir.
- Continue cooking until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and either serve warm over pancakes, french toast, etc., or cool and use for toppings on cheesecakes, crepes, etc.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.