This one-pot creamy chicken pasta is an easy and delicious chicken pasta recipe that is seasoned perfectly, flavorful, and a hearty comfort food recipe that is sure to become an instant family favorite weeknight dinner recipe.
Any pasta dish is a winner if you ask me. Pasta pairs perfectly with almost any other ingredients, and it makes for a great base for any hearty meal. A hearty meal is exactly what you’ll get with this amazing one-pot pasta dish. It’s rich, flavorful, and hearty, and it can feed a family easily. I should know, I’ve made it more times than I can count. When my kids lived at home, this was one of my go-to dishes to feed all those hungry mouths. And a bonus was that there was enough leftover to feed the kids and their friends if they came over after school. Oh, and I can’t forget to mention how incredibly easy it is to make! That’s always a winner, winner chicken dinner!
Creamy Chicken Pasta
This delicious, one-pot, chicken and pasta dish combines tender chicken breast, onions, bell peppers. jalapeno peppers, a bold blend of spices, and a rich and creamy tomato sauce. Then, it’s all mixed with rigatoni pasta and a ton of cheese to create a dish that’s as flavorful as it is hearty. It’s the perfect family meal or addition to any potluck or get-together. The best part is that it’s so easy to make, so you won’t have to spend a ton of time in the kitchen.
Why You’ll Love This Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe
- It’s a hearty, delicious one-pot chicken pasta recipe with a tomato cream sauce that’s seasoned perfectly.
- It’s easy to make and can be on the table in under an hour.
- The flavor of the sauce combined with the tender chicken and pasta will fast become a family favorite.
Creamy Chicken Pasta Ingredients
This recipe uses simple ingredients to create its bold flavors. You’ll probably have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already, and any that you don’t have are all readily available at your grocery store.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Tomato sauce
- Pepper jack cheese
- Rigatoni pasta
How to Make Creamy Chicken Pasta
Making this dish is very easy. It takes a little under an hour, and every step is simple. Anyone can make this, and everyone will love it!
Step 1: Cook the Chicken
Heat butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Then, add the chicken and seasonings. Stir and cook until all sides of the chicken are white. Add the onions, bell peppers, and jalapenos and cook until tender. Then, add the garlic and cook for another two minutes.
Step 2: Add the Sauce Ingredients
Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, and tomato sauce to the pan. Then, stir and simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring often. Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl and add it to the sauce. Stir.
Step 3: Add the Pasta
Add the pasta to the mixture and cook until it’s al dente. Spread the shredded cheeses over the top, stir, and serve.
- When cooking the chicken initially, only cook it until white. It will end up perfectly cooked by the time the dish is finished.
- Never cook your pasta past al dente. Great pasta should be soft but have a touch of firmness.
- Be sure not to boil your mixture after the cream has been added. It can curdle.
- Try using ground beef, Italian sausage, or smoked sausage in place of chicken.
- You can make this dish with chicken thighs, as well.
- Use any short noodle variety like penne pasta, bowtie pasta or pipe rigate. They all work well.
- For a mild version, omit the jalapeno and red pepper flakes.
What to Serve with Creamy Chicken Pasta
This rich, hearty dish is an entire meal in and of itself. Because of that, I don’t recommend loading it up with sides. You just won’t ever be able to eat it all! A recipe like this is best with:
What other types of pasta can be used?
You can use any kind of short pasta you like in this recipe. If it’s bite-sized, it will work!
How long will leftover chicken pasta last in the fridge?
You can store leftovers for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Some people will store it longer, but for absolute safety, 3 days is the max.
Can you freeze creamy chicken pasta?
Yes, you can. It will freeze well for up to 3 months.
Can I use cream instead of heavy cream in pasta?
You sure can! While not quite as rich, the difference between heavy cream and cream in a pasta dish like this one is very slight.
How to Store and Reheat Creamy Chicken Pasta
Store this dish in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat, place it in a saucepan over medium-low heat until heated through. If you’ve froze your creamy chicken pasta, gently stir it continuously while reheating to keep the sauce from separating.
Try This Delicious Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe Today
This easy and delicious creamy chicken pasta is easy to make and so good everyone will be coming back for more. It’s a rich, hearty meal perfect for families or gatherings, and you’ll love how quickly you’ll be in and out of the kitchen. Give it a try, and I know you’ll love it as much as I do.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes to Try
Buffalo Chicken Pasta – A twist on a classic pasta recipe. Loaded with tender chicken and a creamy pasta sauce that is bursting with buffalo flavors.
Cheesy Hamburger Pasta – A homemade version of Hamburger Helper that can easily be made right at home.
Italian Sausage Fettuccine Pasta – A delicious pasta dish made with a homemade meat sauce and a white sauce. This dish is absolutely delicious.
Chicken Ranch Bowtie Pasta from Deliciously Seasoned. Tender chicken, pasta noodles, fresh spinach, and a creamy sauce is what makes this dish hearty and delicious.
Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 32 ounce chicken broth
- 16 ounce heavy cream
- 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 16 ounce rigatoni pasta
- In a large skillet or saucepan, add butter and olive oil and heat over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with all the seasonings. Stir and cook until all sides of chicken are white in color.
- Next, add onions, bell peppers and jalapeno, and continue cooking until tender, add garlic and cook for an additional two minutes.
- Pour chicken broth, heavy cream and tomato sauce into the pan. Stir to combine and simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add pasta and cook until pasta is al dente.
- Spread shredded pepper jack cheese over the top. Stir and serve.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.