Cranberry Orange Cobbler Recipe
This cranberry orange cobbler is a delicious fall and winter dessert and perfect for the holidays. Loaded with a ton of fresh cranberries and with the taste of orange throughout, this is the perfect cranberry recipe to serve for dessert with Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.
Fresh Cranberry Dessert Recipes
I’m so glad it’s that time of year when the stores are finally carrying cranberries again. I’ve been checking every couple of weeks and finally found some. I stocked up and definitely will continue to stock up, freeze what I can, so we can enjoy delicious fresh cranberry desserts all year long.
How To Make Fresh Cranberry Orange Cobbler
To make this delicious dessert, rinse cranberries and add to a large mixing bowl. Add the zest and juice from two large oranges. I even added some of the pulp, add both sugars and corn starch. Stir until the cranberries are coated and let sit while preparing the topping. Add cranberries to a 3 quart baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with a non stick spray.
Using a medium size mixing bowl, whisk the flour, both sugars, baking powder and salt together. Next, cut the butter into small pieces then add it to the flour mixture, and using a pastry blender or a fork, mix until crumbly. Boil water and add it to the flour mixture. Once combined, cover the all of the cranberries. Sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar on top and pop it in the oven for 45-50 minutes on 375°. Once done, let cool for a few and serve topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Totally delicious!
Look at all those cranberries smothered under the cobbler topping. Oooh, so delicious!
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
There are many variations of cobblers out there but this Cranberry Orange Cobbler is one that you definitely will want to make. I have made many different kinds of fruit cobblers, fresh peach cobbler and easy cherry cobbler, just to name a few, and this cranberry cobbler is definitely one of our favorites.
Simply put, this cranberry orange cobbler is just heaven in your mouth. The two delicious flavors, cranberries and orange, is what makes this cobbler recipe so delicious.
Delicious Fruit Cobblers
Here are a few more delicious cobbler recipes that can be found on the blog. How about these delicious varieties: Caramel Apple Pecan Cobbler, Peach Blackberry Cobbler, Blueberry Cobbler, Triple Berry Cobbler, Apple Cobbler, Blackberry Cobbler, plus many more. Check em’ all out.
Try this delicious cranberry orange cobbler today!
The Best Cranberry Cobbler
Cranberry Orange Cobbler
For the Filling
- 12 cups fresh cranberries rinsed (3-12 oz bags)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- Zest from 2 oranges
- Juice from 2 oranges, plus 1/4 cup pulp in desired
- 2 tsp corn starch
For the Topping
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick butter cut into small pieces
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- Additional Topping optional
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° and lightly spray baking dish with a non stick spray. Set aside.
For the Filling
- Rinse cranberries and place in large mixing bowl .
- Sprinkle sugar, brown sugar, orange zest, orange juice and corn starch over cranberries and stir gently. Let sit for 10 minutes while preparing the flour mixture, stir.
- Pour cranberries into an oval 3 quart or a 9 x 13 baking dish.
For the Topping
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Using a pastry blender, mix butter into flour mixture until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Pour boiling water into flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture over cranberries and spread gently making sure to cover the cranberries.
For Additional Topping, optional
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle on top of the cobbler.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until topping is cooked thoroughly and has started to brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.