Chicken Fried Rice
Chicken fried rice is amazing! If you are anything like us, we could eat this everyday. Who doesn’t like fried rice? This makes a great side dish to any meal. Tasty and delicious. Not only as a side dish, this could be a meal in itself.
We had some chicken breasts that I had boiled ahead of time, so I cut them up and used them for this meal. It’s great having precooked chicken breasts, that you can just pull out from the fridge or freezer, to use in your favorite recipes.
This makes getting meals prepared and on the table a breeze and definitely a time saver! To cook the chicken, I just cover it with water, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat, simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the temperature reaches 170°F. Then once the chicken has cooled, I wrap it in some plastic wrap, put in a freezer bag, and stick in the freezer to use at a later time. You can store your chicken up to two months until you’re ready to use it. Pulling precooked chicken out of the freezer, when needed, makes your meal prep time that much quicker.
We like to go to Benihana to get our fix of chicken fried rice. This recipe is super good and cheaper to make, plus you end up with leftovers, which is always a good thing. Now we just make this recipe at home to satisfy our cravings!
So if you love fried rice, give this recipe a try. It’s definitely some great grub and you will love it!
Try this chicken fried rice today!
Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and chopped
- 6 cups cooked rice (2 cups uncooked rice)
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- 2 Tbs oil
- 6 eggs scrambled
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 5 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a medium skillet, add oil. Saute onions, carrots, garlic and green onions over medium/low heat until cooked. Drain oil.
- In another skillet, scramble eggs, chop into small pieces. Set aside
- Cut cooked chicken breasts into small pieces. Set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions and set aside.
- In a large skillet (I used a 12"), add butter, melt over low heat. Add chicken, rice, eggs, vegetables, sesame seeds, pepper and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Cook over medium/low heat, stirring occasionally until done, approximately 15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from: Mom…What’s For Dinner?
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.
This looks delicious Terri! Hubby loves fried rice. I’ll be trying this soon.
Great Grub, Delicious Treats
Thanks Marcia! He will just love this! :)