This Cheesy Double Beef Burrito is a Taco Bell-inspired recipe that can be easily made at home. This delicious burrito includes deliciously seasoned ground beef, shredded cheese, tender rice, nacho cheese, crunchy tortilla strips, sour cream, and burrito-size flour tortillas.
If you love Mexican food and you love to eat, then you’ve come to the right place today. These delicious burritos will fill up even the biggest eaters, and they’re exploding with Mexican flavors. Living here in Texas, I know a thing or two about Mexican and Tex-Mex food. I’ve been eating it my entire life. People will tell you that Taco Bell isn’t Mexican food, and they’re totally right. But you know, Pizza Hut and Domino’s aren’t exactly making authentic Italian pizza, but we still love to eat it. I say that because although I love authentic Mexican food, I do have a special place in my heart for Taco Bell and its creative, if not authentic, “Mexican” food.
That’s why I love making this recipe for my absolutely ginormous burritos. They take the over-the-top sensibilities of Taco Bell burritos and fuse them with actual Mexican ingredients and flavors to make a hand-held feast that leaves you totally full and totally satisfied. I love to serve these for dinner, and I routinely bring them to parties and potlucks, as well. They’re just so tasty and hearty that everyone always loves them.
Cheesy Double Beef Burrito
This delicious burrito starts with ground beef, onions, and zesty seasonings with just the right amount of heat. Then, I add rice, nacho cheese, shredded cheese, sour cream, and even tortilla strips for extra flavor and crunch. What I end up with is a burrito that has all the real, authentic Mexican flavors we love and the stuffed-to-the-max design that pretty much all Taco Bell offerings have. These are absolutely enormous burritos that always hit the spot. AND they’re super easy to make.
Why You’ll Love This Taco Bell Cheesy Double Beef Burrito
- It’s loaded with a double portion of deliciously seasoned ground beef, rice, warm nacho cheese sauce, shredded cheese, crunchy fiesta strips, and sour cream.
- Once stuffed inside warm flour tortillas, they’re lightly grilled on the stove for even more flavor.
- They’re delicious, and this classic cheesy double beef burrito recipe will soon become a favorite with your family.
Cheesy Double Beef Burrito Ingredients
This recipe only uses simple ingredients to deliver huge flavor. You can find them all easily at your local grocery store with no problem. The actual measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Ground beef
- Cloves garlic
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Taco seasoning mix
- Diced green chilies
- Nacho cheese sauce
- Knorr° Mexican rice
- Colby jack or Three-cheese blend
- Santa Fe style tortilla strips
- Sour cream (can use reduced-fat sour cream)
- Flour tortillas, burrito size
How to Make This Cheesy Double Beef Burrito Recipe
This recipe is incredibly simple to make. It only takes a few minutes, and you’ll have huge, delicious burritos that everyone will love.
Step 1: Cook the Beef
Add the ground beef, onions, and seasonings to a large skillet and cook over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are tender. Then, add the garlic and diced green chilies and cook for another 2 minutes. Drain the mixture and return it to the pan. Finally, add taco seasoning and water and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
Step 2: Cook the Rice
Cook the rice according to the package directions and set aside.
Step 3: Heat the Nacho Cheese
Heat the nacho cheese sauce in a small saucepan.
Step 4: Make the Burritos
Warm the tortillas in the microwave. Then, add the seasoned beef, nacho cheese, rice, shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla strips to the warm tortilla. Wrap up the burritos and enjoy. For more flavor, you can pan fry them on the stove.
- Don’t overcook your ground beef. As soon as it’s no longer pink, continue on with the recipe. Overcooked ground beef is dry and has no flavor.
- Always heat your tortillas before stuffing and folding them. It makes them pliable and less prone to breaking or tearing.
- Cook your rice after the beef mixture is finished so it stays somewhat warm until ready to use.
- You can make these with ground turkey, a mix of ground beef and pork, or even chorizo.
- For a less spicy version, leave out the cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes. For additional heat, cook diced jalapeños with the meat and onions for spicy cheesy double beef burrito.
- Use your favorite cheese for these burritos. Mexican blend and Taco blend are both excellent choices.
What to Serve with Cheesy Double Beef Burritos
Burritos are a classic Mexican main dish, so of course, you want to pair them with all your favorite Mexican sides. And if you’re hosting a party, pair them up with even more favorite Mexican mains, as well. Some great ideas include:
- Mexican rice
- Spanish rice
- Elote casserole
- Mexican coleslaw
- Pico de Gallo
- Guacamole and chips
- Salsa and chips
- Refried beans
What is on Taco Bell’s cheesy beef burrito?
Their cheesy beef burrito features a double serving of beef, nacho cheese, tortilla strips, 3 cheeses, sour cream, and seasoned rice.
Does Taco Bell have a cheesy double beef burrito?
Yes. This delicious burrito recipe is a copycat version that’s even better than the original.
How long will leftover double beef burritos last in the fridge?
You can store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze leftover cheesy double beef burritos?
Absolutely. These freeze very well and will last for up to 3 months.
How to Store and Reheat Cheesy Double Beef Burritos
For optimal flavor and texture, store the ingredients separately in the refrigerator in airtight containers for up to 3 days. Then, warm up the ingredients and construct the burritos when ready to serve. For longer storage, you can freeze your burritos in the freezer for up to 3 months. Wrap them in a double layer of plastic wrap, then store them in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat burritos, wrap them loosely in aluminum foil and place them in a baking dish. Then, bake the at 275 degrees for 30 minutes until heated through.
Try This Delicious Cheesy Double Beef Burrito Recipe Today
This copycat double beef burrito recipe is the perfect marriage of authentic flavor and Taco Bell’s over-the-top approach to its menu items. These burritos are stuffed to capacity with rice, beef, cheese, and zesty seasonings, and they come together incredibly quickly. They’re the perfect addition to your Taco Tuesday or any party. Give them a try, and I know you’ll fall in love with them.
More Delicious Burrito Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Awesome Chicken Burritos – These chicken burritos are absolutely the best! My family LOVES these burritos and it is one of their favorites. Loaded with grilled marinated chicken, ranch style beans and a hearty delicious salsa. Scrumptious!
Beef Fajita Breakfast Burritos – All the classic flavors of beef fajitas made into breakfast burritos with scrambled eggs and cheese, and grilled to golden perfection. A hearty breakfast recipe the whole family will enjoy. So good!
Fried Burritos – These fried burritos are loaded with beef, pork and ground beef, diced jalapenos, onion, garlic, zesty seasonings, beans, and SO MUCH cheese. then they are fried to golden perfection.
And, here is a Steak and Egg Burrito from Deliciously Seasoned you’ll enjoy as well.
Cheesy Double Beef Burrito
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 ounce packet taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup water
- 4 ounce diced green chilies
- 15 ounce can nacho cheese sauce
- 5.6 ounce package Knorr° Mexican rice
- 3 cups Colby jack cheese, shredded
- 3.5 ounce package Santa Fe style tortilla strips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 flour tortillas, burrito size
- In a large skillet or cast iron pan, over medium heat, add ground beef, onions, and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Cook until the meat is no longer pink and onions are tender. Add garlic and diced green chilies. Continue to cook for 2 additional minutes. Drain and return to the pan. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix and add water. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat nacho cheese sauce in a small saucepan.
- Warm tortillas and add beef, nacho cheese, rice, shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla strips.
- Wrap into a burrito and enjoy.
- Grill them on the stove if desired.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.