BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos
There are times when a fat, juicy, greasy taco sounds soooooo good. Well, these BBQ pulled pork tacos are just that, fat, juicy and definitely have a greasy shell. Who doesn’t love good ol’ homemade taco shells fried in oil. Store bought shells are good, but there’s nothing like a homemade taco in a homemade shell. YUM!
Just look at these babies! They are delicious and definitely my type of taco, with a bit of a kick from the spicy cheese!
Definitely a different type of taco from your everyday taco. More of a southwestern spin with a smokey, spicy flavor topped with our favorite three alarm cheese that I tend to use on everything!
We made these a while back and just looking at the pictures again while I’m writing this post, I am SO craving these tacos! What makes a great taco is the flavor of the corn tortilla. These corn tortillas are from Trader Joes®. The best tortillas I have ever eaten and they definitely make your tacos taste better.
You know those type of tacos that are so juicy that the grease runs down your arm? Well, these aren’t quite like that but man oh man, they are so good and juicy. Tacos can be made so many ways and with any kind of meat or beans, or just about anything, so a BBQ pulled pork taco wasn’t too far out there.
With the pulled pork leftovers, you can also make enchiladas if you have more than enough pork after making these tacos. We tend to make enchiladas with just about any leftover meat. Mexican food is one of my favorite cuisines ever!
Give this recipe a try. You will be glad you did, I promise.
Try these bbq pulled pork tacos today
Pulled Pork Tacos
For the Pulled Pork
- 4-5 lbs pork shoulder butt roast
- 1 large onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce, I used Sweet Baby Ray's®
- 1 10 oz can cream mushroom soup
- 1 10 oz can of Rotel®
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 corn tortillas, or more (I use Trader Joes®)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, more if needed
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream
- Turn crock pot on high.
- Cut onions into large pieces and place on bottom of crock pot.
- Place roast on top of onions.
- Top with minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add BBQ sauce and soup over roast.
- Pour Rotel® over the top.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours or low for 10-12 hours.
- Remove from crock pot, remove fat, shred pork, and place back into crock pot until ready to serve.
Assembling the Tacos
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Fry each tortilla until cooked to desired crispiness.
- Place each cooked tortilla on a plate covered with paper towels.
- Add meat, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cilantro and top with sour cream.
Here are a couple of pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.
[…] RECIPE HERE~~~>>> https://www.greatgrubdelicioustreats.com/bbq-pulled-pork-tacos/ […]
[…] a winner and super easy to throw together. I made this recipe for the specific purpose of making BBQ pulled pork tacos which will be posted to the blog […]