Banana nut bread is amazing, but these banana nut cupcakes with cream cheese buttercream frosting are even better! Love, love, love banana desserts. I’ve been on a banana kick lately and these banana nut cupcakes are my latest recipe that I’m sure you will enjoy.
Banana nut bread made into a cupcake and then topped with some delicious cream cheese buttercream frosting tastes so good. Not too sweet (except for the frosting and this frosting is DELISH), but mixed with the sweetness of the frosting make for one delicious treat.
There’s just something about a banana dessert that is so hard to pass up. These banana nut cupcakes with cream cheese buttercream frosting are definitely a crowd pleaser. So let me tell you about this frosting…. so absolutely delicious! A spoonful of this frosting is to die for. I’m such a fanatic about a good buttercream frosting and with the cream cheese added to the buttercream, absolutely A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!
I made these cupcakes the same day I made my banana nut bread with buttercream frosting because they are SO delicious and I wanted to have some treats for my co-workers when I went back to work. Having taste testers is an added plus to my job. I know my co-workers look forward to the desserts and treats I bring in on Monday mornings which makes me super happy. Sharing food is always the best gift in my eyes.
Yum, these are so delicious! In less than an hour you could be sinking your teeth into one of these delicious treats. SO good!
Try these banana nut cupcakes with butter cream cheese frosting today
Banana Nut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
For the Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
For the Cupcakes
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter together, then beat in eggs one at a time.
- Mix buttermilk, bananas and vanilla into sugar mixture and beat on medium speed until well incorporated.
- In another medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt together.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add walnuts and stir.
- Pour mixture ¾ full into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For the Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese together.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until creamy.
- Frost cupcakes once cooled.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.