This delicious bacon pasta salad is the perfect pasta salad side dish recipe loaded with crispy bacon, grape tomatoes, eggs, relish, red onion, and more. An easy, delicious, hearty, and super flavorful pasta salad the whole family will enjoy.
Pasta salad is the classic side. Of course, we usually associate it with summer, but you’ll often find it at potlucks of any kind throughout the year. This delicious side is loaded with flavor. It can be creamy or on the lighter side with an oil dressing. There’s just so much you can do with it, which is why I love it so much. I love to make pasta salad as a side for family dinner in addition to bringing it to parties and get-togethers. It’s so much fun to make it in all sorts of variations so it never gets old, and no one knows what to expect when I show up with a bowl of this side. Well, I take that back. They DO know it will be delicious. The variation I’m sharing today is loaded with delicious flavors including, get ready, bacon!
Bacon Pasta Salad
This bacon pasta salad combines classic pasta salad flavors with a crunchy, crispy, smoky flavor kick of bacon. Elbow macaroni that’s been cooked to al dente perfection is combined with eggs, tomatoes, onions, and dill and mixed with a rich, creamy dressing base that delivers everything we love about pasta salad but with a little something extra. It’s hearty, delicious, and super easy to make. It doesn’t get better than that!
Why You’ll Love This Pasta Salad with Bacon
- It only takes a few simple ingredients that you might already have on hand.
- It’s a delicious pasta salad that makes the perfect side dish, pairing nicely with beef, chicken, pork, and fish.
- It is great to serve at barbecues, potlucks and picnics.
- Bacon is always a welcome addition to anything!
Tips and Variations
This recipe is incredibly easy to make, but I do still have a couple of tips to help you make it the best that it can possibly be. I also have some variations you can try to keep things fresh.
- Always cook your pasta to just al dente. If your pasta is too soft, it will break up when mixed with the other ingredients.
- Be sure to rinse your pasta after cooking it so the starch doesn’t make it clump together.
- This pasta salad is best when it’s been chilled for a few hours prior to serving.
- Use any variety of short noodles you prefer.
- Try adding chopped green onions for more flavor.
- For an unexpected kick, add some diced jalapeno.
- For a different flavor added, throw in some black olives.
This delicious pasta salad pairs well with just about anything you can think of. From your favorite backyard eats to family dinner, this pasta is a perfect choice. Serve it with:
- Pork chops
- Roasted chicken
- Fried chicken
- Baked fish
- Fried fish
- Pulled pork
- BBQ beef, chicken, and pork
- Hot dogs
Those are just a few of the options. Try serving this pasta salad with almost anything. You can’t go wrong!
Bacon Pasta Salad FAQ
If you have questions about this pasta salad, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about pasta salad.
How do you stop pasta from absorbing mayonnaise?
There are three ways to help keep your pasta from absorbing mayonnaise after it’s mixed together into a pasta salad.
- Drain the pasta well before mixing it into the pasta salad to limit the initial water content.
- Chill the pasta and pasta salad ingredients before combining them to slow the absorption of mayonnaise by the pasta.
- Toss the pasta in a small amount of olive oil to create a waterproof barrier between the pasta and the mayonnaise.
How long is pasta salad good in the refrigerator?
Pasta salad will keep for 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
Can you make pasta salad with bacon in advance?
You sure can. Pasta salad is delicious when made the day before serving it.
Can you cook pasta ahead of time for pasta salad?
Absolutely. In fact, many people chill their pasta before mixing it into their pasta salad anyway, so making the pasta ahead of time works very well.
How to Store Leftover Bacon Pasta Salad
Store your leftover pasta salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Bacon Pasta Salad Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this pasta salad. You might even have them in your kitchen already.
- Elbow macaroni
- Hard boiled eggs
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Dill relish
- Red onion
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Bacon Pasta Salad
Making this pasta salad is just as easy as gathering up the ingredients. Like all pasta salad, this one comes together quickly and easily.
Step 1: Cook the Pasta
Cook the pasta per package directions for al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
Step 2: Make the Dressing
In a large mixing bowl, combine mayo, mustard, seasoning, relish, and red onion.
Step 3: Put it Together
Add the remaining ingredients, including the pasta, and stir gently to combine. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Try This Bacon Pasta Salad Today
This bacon pasta salad is so easy and absolutely delicious. It’s loaded with all the delicious flavors we love about classic pasta salad, and with that kick of bacon, you can’t beat it! Serve it as a side at your family dinner or bring to any potluck or get-together. Just make it! Once you give it a try, I know you’ll find yourself making it again and again.
More Delicious Pasta Salad Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad – A delicious rendition of pasta salad with all the flavors of Mexican street corn. It makes a great meal in itself and also as a side dish.
BLT Pasta Salad – Everything you love about BLT’s in a simple and easy pasta salad recipe. This is a great dish to make for summertime barbecues or picnics.
Barbecue Chicken Bacon Pasta Salad – A delicious salad that is great served as a meal in itself or as a side dish. It has delicious flavors for barbecue chicken, a creamy sauce, and crispy bacon.
And, try this Bow Tie Pasta Salad from Deliciously Seasoned. An incredible simple and quick pasta salad recipe loaded with pepperonis, mozzarella cheese, black olives, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, that is tossed in a zesty Italian dressing.
Bacon Pasta Salad
- 12 ounce bacon, crispy, crumbled
- 16 ounce elbow macaroni
- 10 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup dill relish
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup mustard
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, boil water over medium-high heat and cook pasta per package directions for al dente. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add mayonnaise, mustard, seasoning, relish and onion together.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover, place in the fridge to chill until ready to serve.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.