This delicious BLT pasta salad combines all the flavors we love in a classic BLT sandwich into a pasta salad. This cold salad recipe is made with farfalle (bowtie) pasta, Romaine lettuce, crispy bacon, tomatoes, and a homemade ranch dressing. An easy and delicious summer salad.
I’ve been making pasta salad for as long as I’ve been cooking. It was one of the first recipes I learned how to make because it’s so easy to make. Over the years, I’ve made both cold and hot pasta salads. I’ve made them creamy, cheesy, vinegar-based, and everything in between. There are just SO many recipes out there. You could literally make a new one every day and never run out of options. That’s great because I love to take them to potlucks and parties. They’re always a great addition to any plate, and almost everyone loves them.
Lately, I’ve been making this BLT pasta salad quite a bit. It’s just as easy to make as any other pasta salad recipe, and it has all the great flavors of a BLT. It’s truly a triple threat of taste, ease, and crowd-pleasing. I predict that if you give it a try, you’ll love it just as much!
BLT Pasta Salad
This delicious pasta salad starts off with the traditional base of pasta. From there, we add bacon, grape tomatoes, Romaine lettuce, and mayo. We don’t stop there, though. I make this recipe even more flavorful with the addition of ranch seasoning and chunked avocado. It’s a delicious side that pairs well with almost anything you can think of, making it a highly versatile addition to any part or dinner.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
- It combines all the delicious flavors of a BLT into the salad, and it even has a few little twists for more flavor!
- It only uses a few simple ingredients, so you don’t have to scour the store for anything fancy.
- It’s super versatile. It pairs well with just about anything.
Tips and Variations
This is an exceptionally easy recipe to make, but I still have a couple of tips just to be sure you make the best version of this recipe you possibly can. I also have a few fun variations that you can use to switch things up.
- Cook your pasta to al dente. You do not want your pasta to be overly soft for this recipe or it will break apart when you mix it with the ingredients.
- Mix the pasta salad gently to avoid smashing the pasta. A gentle touch is best.
- Use any bite-size pasta you like for this recipe. Rotini pasta works well too.
- Try turkey bacon for a lower fat salad.
- Use your favorite flavor of bacon. Applewood, hickory – whatever you like they all work.
BLT Pasta Salad FAQ
If you have questions about this BLT pasta salad, then I have the answers. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
How long will pasta salad keep in the refrigerator?
It will stay fresh in the fridge for 4 to 5 days in an air-tight container.
Should pasta salad be served cold?
This one should. There are also warm pasta salads.
Does adding salt to pasta water make a difference?
Yes! You should always salt your pasta water. Otherwise, your dish will taste under-seasoned no matter what you do. The pasta will absorb some of the salt in the water, seasoning it from the inside out.
What is the history of pasta salad?
It’s actually not a very old food item, historically speaking. It was invented in the 1950s at the Trattoria da Vincenzo.
What to serve with BLT pasta salad?
It’s a pasta salad with all the flavor of a BLT, so you can serve almost anything with it. From burgers to your favorite BBQ, you can pair this pasta salad with anything. I’ve been making it for years, and I still haven’t found a food that it doesn’t go well with.
How to Store BLT Pasta Salad
Store your pasta salad in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Never leave it at room temperature for longer than it takes to serve it.
BLT Pasta Salad Ingredients
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
For the Pasta Salad
- Farfalle (Bowtie) pasta
- Grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- Romaine hearts
For the Dressing
- Dry ranch seasoning
How to Make BLT Pasta Salad
Making this recipe is just as easy as shopping for the ingredients. It all comes together in a few simple steps.
Step 1: Make the Pasta
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat and cook the farfalle pasta according to the package directions for al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
Step 2: Cook the Bacon
In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crispy. Then, transfer it to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess grease.
Step 3: Make the Ranch Dressing
Add the mayonnaise, milk, and dry ranch seasoning to a medium bowl and stir to combine.
Step 4: Make the Pasta Salad
Add all pasta salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss to evenly coat. Chill and serve garnished with sliced green onions and cilantro.
Try This Easy BLT Pasta Salad Recipe Today
This BLT pasta salad is so easy to make and so delicious. It’s the perfect dish for any party, potluck, or weeknight dinner. It’s loaded with flavor, and it comes together in just a few easy steps. What could be better? Give this recipe a try, and I know you’ll find yourself making it again and again.
More Easy Pasta Salad Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad – A delicious salad made with grilled chicken, diced ham, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, avocados, cheese, and ranch dressing. It’s light, flavorful, and super easy to put together.
Barbecue Chicken Bacon Pasta -A flavorful and incredible salad that is made with shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, avocados, bacon, among other ingredients, all tossed in a barbecue sauce dressing. It’s the perfect recipe for summertime!
Southwest Chicken Salad – Made with three different types of lettuce, this salad is bursting spicy southwest flavor. It’s the perfect dish to make for dinner or for a healthy meal at lunchtime.
And, try this Bow Tie Pasta Salad from Deliciously Seasoned. It makes the best side dish or potluck dish to make for any party. It’s made with only 8 simple ingredients, but the flavors of this pasta salad are out of this world.
BLT Pasta Salad
- 16 ounce Farfalle pasta
- 12 ounce bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 10 ounce grape tomatoes, cut in half (about 2 cups)
- 2 Romaine hearts, chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted, sliced or cut into chunks
For the Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat and cook the pasta according to package instructions for al dente. Drain and rinse with cold warer. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, add bacon and cook until crispy.
- Remove from the pan and place on a paper plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess grease.
- While the bacon is cooking, make the ranch dressing.
For the Ranch Dressing
- Add mayo, milk and dry ranch seasoning to a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients, toss to coat evenly.
- Best served chilled.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and cilantro.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite salad or side dish board on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.