Taco Pie Casserole
Mexican food is a favorite of ours and this taco pie casserole is right up there in the delicious category. This is a quick tasty meal that the whole family will love that won’t take forever to make.
Casseroles are great mainly because they are pretty simple to make, and in this case, no rolling of tortillas, just layer the ingredients and pop it in the oven.
When you are ready to serve this taco pie casserole, top with any topping you’d like. I used lettuce, tomatoes, green onions and cilantro. Sour cream is excellent to add as well. I didn’t have any at the time otherwise I can guarantee I would’ve added some. So yummy!
Taco pie casserole makes great leftovers too, if there’s any left. The recipe makes a pretty good amount so I’m sure there will be leftovers to enjoy for lunch the next day.
How long has it been since you had a good taco pie casserole?
I had made this one night when my brother and sister-in-law had dinner with us. They LOVED it! So I’m sharing it with all of you. Hope you enjoy this taco pie casserole as much as we do.
Try this taco pie casserole today
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup taco seasoning
- 1½ cup water
- 1 28 oz can refried beans
- 1 10 oz can Rotel®
- 1 7 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 15 oz can whole kennel corn, drained
- 15 corn tortillas, warmed up in the microwave for a about 15 seconds.
- 6 cups cheese, grated (Cheddar or Pepper Jack)
- Green onions
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350° and generously spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with non stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, brown ground beef along with the onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drain grease and return meat back to pan.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over meat.
- Add water, stir, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat refried beans.
- While the meat is cooking, spread a thin layer of beans on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Next place 5 tortillas on top of the beans (I cut 3 of them in half and used the halves around the edges then place two whole tortillas in the center).
- Cover tortillas with a layer of beans.
- Spoon ⅓ of meat mixture on top of beans.
- Add ⅓ green chilies over meat.
- Spoon a couple spoons of Rotel over meat mixture along with ⅓ of the corn;
- Top with ⅓ grated cheese.
- Repeat 2 more layers ending with grated cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook for 60 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and when served, top with lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, and green onions.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.