Hot Italian Sausage Pizza Roll Ups
These hot Italian sausage pizza roll ups are made with my farfalle with sausage meat mixture, rolled up in a pizza crust, baked and then sliced into perfect hand-held pieces that can be dipped in a delicious pizza sauce.
Everyone that has tasted these hot Italian sausage pizza roll ups have thoroughly enjoyed them. You know those appetizers that are the first to go at a party? Yep, these are them. Super cheesy, spicy and has wonderful flavor, a must have at the next family get together.
First, start off by making the farfalle with sausage meat mixture. Next, unroll the pizza crusts and spoon meat mixture onto the dough. Roll lengthwise and seal, the ends too. Pop in the oven and finally, get ready to enjoy a yummy appetizer that tastes amazingly delicious.
My children’s favorite all-time meal is the farfalle with sausage. These hot Italian sausage pizza roll ups are super delish as well! Using the meat mixture of that recipe to make these delicious pizza roll ups will be a hit too! These pizza roll ups are loaded with hot Italian sausage and gobs of cheese, and that’s one of the many reasons it’s a family favorite.
Are you ready for some delicious tasting hot Italian sausage pizza roll ups for all of the upcoming holidays, parties or family get togethers? Make sure to save this recipe. You’ll be so happy you did.
Try these hot italian sausage pizza roll ups today
- 1 lb package of Hot Italian Sausage (crumbled)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pizza crusts (I used Pillsbury®)
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1½ tsp basil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease 2 large baking sheet. Set aside.
- Remove sausage from casing and add to large skillet.
- Crumble and cook over medium heat until done.
- Drain grease, reserving 2 tablespoons and add back to pan. Set sausage aside.
- Saute onions and garlic until done.
- Pour diced tomatoes to skillet with onions and garlic.
- Sprinkle basil, oregano, salt and pepper into the tomato mixture.
- Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Return Italian sausage to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Unroll pizza doughs and place on lightly floured counter/cutting board.
- Spoon sausage mixture onto each pizza dough and roll up lengthwise.
- Seal seam with a little water and seal up the ends.
- Pop in the oven for 14-17 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, slice into 2 inch pieces.
- In a medium size pan, add vegetable oil, heat over medium/low heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, oregano, basil and pepper.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally. Simmer approximately 20 minutes.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.