Pumpkin Walnut Bread
I have a delicious pumpkin walnut bread that you are going to flip over. Last weekend I had to make time for a hair cut and color, which it seems I have no extra time ever, especially this time of year. My hairdresser, Erin, has been doing my hair for many, many years. We always have to catch up with everything that’s been going on since my last appointment. We started talking about food and she pulled out some pumpkin bread she makes yearly and I’m telling you, it was absolutely delicious. So I asked her for the recipe and immediately gathered my ingredients together once I got home, and my house smelt amazing! The delicious aroma, from this pumpkin walnut bread, filled the whole house with that wonderful smell of fall.
I doubled the recipe and added walnuts. This pumpkin walnut bread is definitely delish! Erin told me she is not a cook or a baker. However, with this bread, I have to differ with her. She’s so cute, she came out with a big baggie, which she pulls out yearly to make this pumpkin bread. In the bag was her recipe, spices, measuring spoons and a couple other ingredients that she uses when baking this bread. All kept together in one convenient location for the next time she makes her pumpkin bread. I mean, when I saw her measuring spoons in the bag, I believed her about cooking and baking. :)
So, as we were waiting for our pumpkin walnut bread to finish up baking, all we could do was sit and patiently wait, all the while smelling this amazing aroma of pumpkin. Such a delicious flavor to breathe in. As I’ve said before many times, fall is my favorite season for baking. And… I cannot believe Christmas is less than a couple weeks away. This pumpkin walnut bread is perfect for Christmas or anytime of the year.
Check out how moist and delicious this looks. Oh my, so yummy!
Try this today!
Pumpkin Walnut Bread
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp cloves
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 300° and grease/flour (2) 8 x 4 loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening, sugar, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin puree until creamy.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together. set aside.
- Mix flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until well combined.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spoon into prepared pans, 3/4 full (mixture will be thick).
- Bake at 300° for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until wooden tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and place of cooling rack.
- Serve warm with some added butter or by itself.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.