Mexican Style Three Bean Chili
This Mexican style three bean chili is the perfect meal to serve on these unusually cold nights here in Southern CA, which have been in the low 20’s where we live. Burrrrr! Our friends in the Eastern part of the country are enjoying unusually warm weather! Go figure! So, what a perfect recipe for those cold nights. This is delicious, it’s vegan, and tastes so yummy!
Our good friend, Marcia, makes an awesome tasting chili called “Party Arty Chili” name after her hubby, Art. This Mexican style three bean chili is adapted from her delicious recipe! I make quite a few recipes that include beans because they are so tasty, filling and healthy!
The red enchilada sauce used in this recipe just makes this Mexican style three bean chili so amazing! A crock pot/slow cooker would be ideal to use if you are not in a hurry to get dinner on the table. I usually will use a crock pot for most of these type of recipes, but today we wanted to eat right away!
- 2 28oz cans enchilada sauce, red
- 1 40oz can pinto beans
- 2 15oz cans black beans
- 1 16oz can kidney beans
- 2 15oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 7oz can diced green chili
- 1 10oz can Rotel
- 5 cups frozen corn
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- In a large dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute onions and garlic until tender.
- Drain and rinse all beans in a strainer, add to pan.
- Combine the remaining ingredients to pan, except corn.
- Cover and cook over medium/low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn and continue cooking for an additional 15 - 20 minutes.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!