Jalapeño Cheese Corn Bread
As Fall slowly creeps upon us, I’m really starting to get into cooking and baking Fall recipes! These little loaves of jalapeño cheese corn bread tastes amazing and are shaped like little pumpkins! Hot, straight out of the oven goodness, topped with a dab of butter, oh man, DELICIOUS! Super easy to make and super yummy to eat!
I have been wanting to make something special in my new Temp-tations® Harvest Texas Muffin Pans and this jalapeño cheese corn bread was the perfect thing to bake! So I whipped up a couple batches. One batch was made with jalapeños and the other with diced green chilies. Both were delicious but there’s just something about jalapeños and the bite that comes along with them!
One thing about these little pumpkin loaves, they will definitely not last long! You might want to bake a couple batches, just saying! ;)
This recipe is from my mom. You know those handwritten recipes, on old paper/recipe cards, from way back in their day? That’s where this recipe came from. I’ve made a few modifications (like the corn bread mix) to the original handwritten recipe and talk about delicious! So delicious!
I love these little pumpkin shaped corn breads! These are great for the fall and will taste delicious with a big ol’ bowl of chili! Yum, yum, yum!
Make sure to substitute diced green chilies for the diced jalapeños if you are not one for spicy food. Either way, they are amazingly delicious!
Try these today!
You definitely will want to make this jalapeño cheese corn bread the next time you are craving a good corn bread recipe!
- 3 cups Marie Callenders® corn bread mix
- 8 oz sour cream
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup jalapeños, diced (can use diced green chilies instead)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- Preheat oven 350° and spray a large 6 count cupcake pan with a non stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add corn bread mix.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir sour cream, water, egg, onion, jalapeños together.
- Pour sour cream mixture into corn bread mix. Stir.
- Add 1⅔ cup grated cheese, stir.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining ⅓ cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.