Want some delicious blueberry lemon muffins that are totally healthy and dairy free? These little goodies are just that! I serious cannot believe these tastes so good, and are healthy! What a win! I have been searching for different things to bake and since we had both, blueberries and lemons, this was the perfect dessert.
These healthy blueberry lemon muffins are so tasty and it’s hard to believe that they are dairy free! The blueberries, and the lemons, are just bursting with delicious flavor. Eating healthy isn’t bad, if I do say so myself. I know you will enjoy these very much!
- 1⅓ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⅓ cup organic corn meal
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar
- 1½ sticks of vegan butter (I used Earth Balance®)
- 1⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tsp packed Ener-G Egg Replacer + 4 Tbs warm water (equals 2 eggs)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbs lemon zest (2 Large lemons)
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice (I large lemon)
- 1¾ cups fresh organic blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Grease and flour muffin pan, or line with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine first 4 ingredients and whisk until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix egg replacer and water until dissolved.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and "eggs" on medium speed until combined.
- Add butter and beat until creamy.
- Add vanilla and lemon juice, beat until combined.
- Mix in ⅓ flour mixture, then ½ almond milk, alternating between the two ending with flour. Mix on low just until combined
- Fold in blueberries and lemon zest.
- Spoon into muffin pans and fill to the top.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until wooded tooth pick comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from “Veganosity ~ Vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins” This blogger has some awesome recipes. Go check out her website!