How about some crunchy, crispy onion rings? These onion rings are definitely delicious and crispy! Making your own homemade onion rings are the best. So, today I was in the mood for some fried food. I made these crispy onion rings and some deep fried pickles (which I’ll post later). These are not difficult to make, it just takes a little bit of time, but it’s so worth it!
In our house, if you have been reading my other recipes, you know that we LOVE spicy food. In this recipe I used garlic salt and Slap Ya Mama® cajon seasoning to enhance the flavor. Man, oh man, did these onion rings taste delish!
These crispy onion rings are great dipped in all types of sauce. We love BBQ sauce, chipotle sauce and even ketchup! We also love sriracha sauce! What is your favorite sauce to dip your onion rings in? Ranch dressing is a popular dipping sauce too, as I’m sure you all know! ;)
These even reheat well if you want some later. So give this recipe a try! I know you will love these super crispy onion rings!
Crispy Onion Rings
- 2-3 large yellow onions sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2-3 cups of Panko® bread crumbs
- 1 10 oz box Kikkoman® Tempura batter mix
- 1-2 tsp garlic salt divided
- 1-2 tsp Cajon seasoning divided
- Vegetable oil enough to cover onions
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium/high heat.
- In a large bowl, add milk.
- Use a large gallon size baggie, add approximately 1 cup of tempura, set aside.
- In another gallon size baggie, add approximately 1-2 cups of Panko® bread crumbs, garlic salt, cajon seasoning, shake to mix, set aside.
- Dip a few onion pieces at a time in the milk, then add to tempura, seal baggie and shake. Next, take each onion piece and lightly cover again in the milk. Add to the bread crumbs, seal and shake until covered.
- Carefully add the onion rings to the oil and cook on each side until golden brown.
- Remove and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!