Cashew Toffee Butter Crunch
Today was one of those days where things just weren’t going my way when it came to baking in the kitchen. Have you ever had one of those days? Then… I remembered about this delicious candy recipe that I knew you all would really like. This Cashew Toffee Butter Crunch is super good and made with just a few ingredients that you might just have in your pantry.
This is super easy and is a delicious dessert that you can put together fairly quickly, and with everyone’s busy schedule, and the holidays right around the corner, having a go-to candy recipe that can be made quickly is ideal.
Once you make homemade candy, you won’t need to be running to the mall or the local candy store anymore. All you will need to do is spend a little bit of time making this. You could actually double the recipe and use a 15 x 10 x 1 inch jelly roll pan giving you more candy that will last up to 3 weeks.
Cashew Toffee Butter Crunch
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 cup cashews chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips divided
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with foil extending over the edges. Set aside.
- In a 2 quart heavy bottom pan, melt butter over low heat. Add sugar, water and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium high heat stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low/medium and continue stirring constantly, for about 15 minutes, or until candy thermometer reads 290°F. Once the desired temperature is reached, remove from heat and quickly stir in chopped cashews. Immediately add to foil lined baking dish and spread quickly.
- After candy has sat for a few minutes, sprinkle chocolate chips on top, keeping approximately 1/8 cup of white chocolate chips aside. Let sit until slightly melted. Once melted, take a spatula and smooth over candy. Sprinkle remaining white chocolate chips on top of candy and let soften. Take a knife and lightly spread softened white chocolate chips in a zig zag design.
- Chill in fridge for about 20 minutes or until firm. Once firm, lift foil out of baking dish and break into pieces. Store in a covered container and keep refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
Adapted from Better Homes and Garden
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.
[…] RECIPE HERE~~~>>> https://www.greatgrubdelicioustreats.com/cashew-toffee-butter-crunch/ […]