Black Eyed Tacos
I love making a large pots of beans that can be used in so many different meals. This recipe came from making a batch of black eyed peas! This may sound like a weird concoction but trust me on this one, these black eyed tacos are so delicious!
Can you even imagine that this would be good? It’s SO GOOD! My daughter had some for lunch and then that same night, she had more and said they were one of the best tasting tacos she has had. No cheese, but that doesn’t even matter! All the flavors in these black eyed pea tacos go so well together and the flavor is amazing! These tacos will make everyone happy and is such a delicious meal!
These tacos are one of the many meals that can be made with a batch of black eyed peas. Use the peas in burritos, make some black eyed pea nachos, or just eat a big bowl of black eyed peas with a little tapatio added, SO delicious!!
So if you love tacos, and you love black eyed peas, you will love these delicious black eyed tacos! And if you would like to read a great article about beans/legumes, check out this article, The Benefits of Beans: We explore the Scientific Research.
Try These Black Eyed Tacos Today
Black Eyed Tacos
For the Black Eyed Peas
- Sort and remove any debris from black eyed peas. Soak over night in 6-8 cups of water. Drain and rinse.
- In a large dutch oven, add olive oil and saute onions and garlic over medium heat until tender. Add black eyed peas to pan. Pour in vegetable broth, water, cayenne pepper, chili powder, pepper.
- Cover, reduce heat and cook black eyed peas until tender, approximately 2 hours. Add salt after 1 ½ hour of cooking.
- Once black eyed peas are cooked, heat up olive oil in a large skillet. You might need to add a little more olive oil into the pan as you cook the tortillas. I try to use as little oil as possible.
- Fry corn tortillas until desired crispiness is obtained.
- Place tortillas on paper towel lined plate.
- Add black eyed peas into corn tortillas.
- Drizzle with salsa verde.
- Add tomatoes, jalapeños, onions, cilantro, avocados and enjoy!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.