Tri Tip Roast
Here’s a great recipe for all you meat lovers out there! Tri tip roasts are super easy to make and tastes amazing! One of the best tasting roasts I have ever had is a tri tip roast.
Just get yourself a nice size tri tip (mine is about 3 pounds). Rub the roast down with olive oil then rub seasoning all over it.
Pictured above is the roast right before going in the oven. Just cut up the vegetables and place the roast on top of the veggies like this. That’s it! I always throw in some potatoes and other veggies while my roast cooks so everything is done all at once. Today I added onions, potatoes, carrots and celery. Cover the roasting pan with a lid, or foil, and throw it in the oven for 50 minutes or so. Uncover and let cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let it rest for another 10 minutes or so before slicing in 1/4 inch slices! Oh man, so good! If you like your meat cooked a little more, just leave it in the oven a while longer.
I use the veggies as a “rack” to keep the roast off the bottom of the pan. It works great! At times, I’ll just roll up foil and crinkle it up, then setting my meat on top of the foil as a make shift rack. Mainly I do this if I’m using a smaller pan or one I do not have a rack for. But you can line a cookie sheet with foil and cook it without added veggies or potatoes if you’d like too!
Tri Tip Roast
A good roast is something everyone will remember and this is one of those roasts. Some like their meat less pink and that’s totally fine. Just continue cooking for a while longer. Even my man doesn’t like his meat this pink but the flavor of this tri tip roast is absolutely amazing. Cook the roast to your liking and enjoy!
And if you are lucky enough to have any left overs, you can make my Tri Tip Grilled Cheese sandwiches for lunch the next day. That recipe will be on the blog soon. So good!
Oh man, check out this bite. So tender!
Try this recipe today
- 3 lb Tri Tip Roast
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped in large pieces
- 1-2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Slap Ya Mama® seasoning, optional
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Rub roast with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk seasonings, salt and pepper together, sprinkle and rub mixture all over roast.
- In a roast pan, or shallow baker, add chopped onions, potatoes, carrots and celery to the bottom of the pan.
- Put the roast on top of the vegetables.
- Cover with roasting pan lid or with foil and cook for 50-70 minutes or until roast is cooked to your liking.
- Remove lid/foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let roast rest for approximately 10 minutes then cut into ¼ inch slices and enjoy.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.