Pumpkin Spice Crispy Treats
These pumpkin spice crispy treats are perfect for fall. With the taste of pumpkin in each bite, along with the gooey marshmallows and crispy rice cereal, these treats are simply delicious.
All year long we make the original krispie treats but during the holidays these are a delicious change from the norm. Imagine biting into one of these and tasting a hint of pumpkin? So good!
A fast and easy, quick and delicious, dessert that can be made in less than 10 minutes. Prior to adding the pumpkin puree to the marshmallows, fold up a few paper towels and add the pumpkin puree on top of the paper towels so they can soak up the liquid. Then once the marshmallows have melted, add the pumpkin to the pan along with the pumpkin spice and cinnamon.
And once the spices and pumpkin puree have been added to the marshmallows, turn off the flame, add the rice krispie cereal and finally stir until well coated. Then just add to the desired size baking dish which has been buttered. Spread out with the back of a spatula that also have been buttered. Let cool and then enjoy!
Try these pumpkin spice crispy treats today
Here are a few more delicious treats that you can find on the blog: Chocolate Toffee Krispie Treats, Pumpkin Pecan Cake, Pumpkin Pecan Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, and Caramel Apple Pecan Cobbler.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies®
- 4 Tbs butter
- 50 large marshmallows
- 1½ Tbs pumpkin puree (place on a paper towel, that has been folded, to absorb the liquid)
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Butter a 13 x 9 or 8 x 8 baking dish (for thicker treats, use the 8 x 8, and for thinner, use 13 x 9).
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low flame.
- Once butter has melted, add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and cinnamon and stir.
- Remove from flame, pour in rice krispies and stir until well coated.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish and, with that back of a buttered spatula, spread and press rice krispes
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.