Mexican Style Crock Pot Chuck Roast
Yep, another crock pot recipe! But, this isn’t just another recipe though… This Mexican style crock pot chuck roast is OMG, ABSOLUTELY delicious! Everyone who has eaten this has rave reviews! “Exceptional meal,” “Delicious,” “Excellent”… and I have to admit, it’s SUPER good! If you make one crock pot meal this winter, make this one! You will be so happy you did!
The tenderness of the roast, along with the flavor the enchilada sauce brings to this recipe, plus the addition of sour cream, onions and cilantro, as well as the rest of the ingredients, makes this a favorite meal! This Mexican style crock pot chuck roast is so full of flavor and is super tasty!
I usually will make my crock pot meals at night before bed, that way in the morning everything is ready. Not that we are going to eat dinner for breakfast (which we have many times), but that way the smell permeates through the house while we’re sleeping! Such a wonderful smell to wake up to! Plus the fact that I work SO many hours during the week with my Mon-Fri job, I have to get things started Friday night for the blog! AND the crock pot is one of the best ways! ;)
Once this Mexican style crock pot chuck roast is made, another delicious way to serve this would be to wrap up in flour tortillas, as a burrito! Oh man, SO good! And with the leftovers, you could also make an enchilada bake with some corn tortillas, which I’ll be making and posting soon!
So dust off your crock pot and get ready for one heck of a great meal! I’m not kidding either, it’s sooooo yummy!
Below are a couple pics that are the perfect size for sharing on your Facebook page!
This Mexican style crock pot chuck roast is one recipe that you do not want to pass up! It’s that good, I promise!
Great meal for anytime of the year!
- 5-6 lb Chuck roast
- 1 Tbs garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large brown onions, chopped
- 1 28 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 10 oz can Rotel®
- 1 4.25 oz can diced green chilies
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15 oz cans corn, drained
- 2 cups cheese, or more (I used Three Alarm Cheese from Sam's Club®)
- 1 7 oz can black olives, sliced, divided
- Sour cream
- Green onions, sliced
- In a 5-6 quart crock pot, add chopped onions to the bottom.
- Add roast and top with seasoning.
- Pour Rotel®, diced green chilies and enchilada sauce over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8 hours.
- Add pinto beans, corn and ¾ of the black olives into crock pot the last hour of cooking.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with cheese (any cheese will do).
- Garnish with sour cream, olives, green onions.
Have Pinterest boards?
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning onto Pinterest!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.