This macaroni salad is a family favorite that can be made anytime, no matter what time of year it is. I’ve been making this macaroni salad for 30+ years and recently added in dill pickle relish. The flavors of the red onion, mixed with the black olives and dill relish, gives this a wonderful array of flavors making this macaroni salad one delicious dish that you are sure to love.
I have gone back and forth craving macaroni salad and potato salad, but macaroni salad has got to be my favorite! This is a wonderful recipe that is great for potlucks, work parties, barbecues or tailgating parties. My kids just love this and request it often. I usually double the recipe so we have lots of leftovers. Now that I have incorporated the dill relish into this macaroni salad, the flavors are even more delicious!
I’ve had this recipe ready for a while now and because the weather has been extremely cold across most of the nation, I waited to post it but decided I would do it now before I start making my healthier recipes! :)
Try this delicious macaroni salad today
- 1 16 oz box small macaroni pasta
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 small cans black olives, chopped
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 2-3 Tbs dill relish
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Green onions (optional for garnish)
- Boil macaroni according to package directions, rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add pasta, onion, black olives, eggs. Stir.
- Add mayonnaise. If you need more, or less, adjust as needed.
- Stir in dill relish.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.