Luscious Lemon Cheesecake
Lemon cheesecake is SO DELICIOUS! This luscious lemon cheesecake is definitely to die for.
The first time I ever made a totally from scratch lemon cheesecake, my daughter and I waited for it to set up in the fridge overnight and when I took it out the next morning, the springform pan gave way and the whole thing flipped over. The lemon glaze was kissing the ground. Needless to say, we were very disappointed. So, here is another luscious lemon cheesecake that I want to share with you. This time I made it in a nice, solid deep dish pie plate. Mainly because the dish matched the color of the cheesecake. ;)
This luscious lemon cheesecake is full of amazing lemony flavor. Moist, creamy and so heavenly! Sweet, tart and lip puckering delicious.
Just look at that glaze starting to ooze it’s way down the side of this piece of luscious lemon cheesecake. So yummy. Actually, I could have cooked the glaze a little longer, but it turned out amazing just like this.
Lemon cheesecake is a favorite around here. Lemon anything is a favorite. This luscious lemon cheesecake is well worth the time it takes to make. It’s SO amazing! Like I said above, it’s heavenly and you will definitely be in heaven with the first bite.
Spring is finally here! Make a delicious, luscious lemon cheesecake on this first day of Spring. I promise you this, you will not be disappointed. This delicious, luscious lemon cheesecake is mostly adapted from the Lady Behind The Curtain. I added more lemon zest and a few more adaptions. I LOVE this cheesecake and so will you! Make sure to check out all of her delicious recipes.
Try this delicious recipe today
- 2⅔ cups graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
- ⅓ cup organic sugar
- ⅔ cup butter, melted
- 24 oz cream cheese
- 1¼ cup organic sugar
- 3 eggs, cage free
- 2 Tbs grated lemon peel
- 3 Tbs lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 eggs, cage free
- ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 Tbs grated lemon peel
- 6 Tbs butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large baggie, add graham crackers, a few at a time, and roll with a rolling pin to get fine crumbs. Continue this step until you have 2⅔ cups.
- Add to medium mixing bowl, along with the sugar. Stir until combined.
- Whisk in melted butter until graham crackers crumbs are well coated.
- Press graham cracker crumbs into either a 9 inch springform pan or a 9 inch deep dip pie plate.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat on medium speed, cream cheese and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Beat in eggs on low speed.
- Stir in lemon juice, grated lemon peel and vanilla. Stir until blended.
- Add lemon cheesecake mixture to graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Put cheesecake in the fridge for approximately 6 hours or overnight.
- In a small pan, whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon peel and juice until combined well.
- Add butter to pan and continue stirring constantly. Mixture will thicken and will be done when then lemon glaze mixture sticks to the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from pan, put into a small bowl and let glaze cool for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate covered until cold.
- Once cheesecake has chilled, remove from springform pan, if using, and add lemony glaze. If using a deep dish pie plate, top cheesecake with lemon glaze and enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.