My family has been craving cookies lately and once I got back from vacation, I jumped right into the kitchen to start my baking again! These gluten free chocolate chip cookies are super good and you won’t even believe they are dairy free!
I love baking without dairy and processed stuff. I’m amazed how good food and baked goodies taste with organic, and healthy ingredients. I still can’t believe that we have made this transformation to a healthier way of eating.
Anytime I make cookies, I always add a little more flour than the recipe calls for. This chocolate chip cookie recipe has a 1/2 cup more flour than the original toll house recipe. Adding a little extra flour to your mixture helps keep the cookies puffy instead of flat.
- 2¾ cup flour (I used Namaste® Gluten Free Organic Perfect Flour Blend)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) vegan butter, softened (I used Earth Balance®)
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar
- ¾ cup organic brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp packed Ener-G Egg Replacer + 4 Tbs warm water (equals 2 eggs)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg replacer and warm water, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt together, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add egg replacer to wet ingredients and beat until creamy.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips, chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, after 2 minutes, place onto wire rack to cool.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!