Good ol’ beefy goulash! What a great comfort food! Growing up, we had goulash quite often. It’s such an easy meal to make and tastes great! Kids love it, grown ups love it, everyone loves goulash!
Cook up some ground beef, add some onions, bell pepper, seasoning, make the homemade sauce, cook up the pasta, mix in some cheese and that’s it! Done! Super quick and super easy!
Being I love pasta, I will usually add extra pasta to my own bowl after I’ve mixed everything together! That way I have a ton of pasta. If you like your goulash a bit on the juicier side, just add a little less pasta!
What a great meal to whip up on a busy week night making dinner prep a breeze! This beefy goulash is so easy and delicious!
Now that the days are getting shorter, the nights are getting colder, this is a tasty dinner for those cold nights.
Want to make a delicious beefy goulash? Get the recipe below
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 12 oz can tomato paste
- 1-1½ can water (use the 15 oz tomato sauce can)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 15 oz cans corn, drained
- 12 oz box of small pasta shells
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- In a dutch oven, over medium heat, brown ground beef.
- Half way through browning, add bell pepper, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once completely cooked, drain fat. Set aside.
- Using same pan, add tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, oregano and basil. Stir.
- Cook over medium heat until mixed thoroughly.
- Return meat mixture to dutch oven, add corn.
- in a large pan, bring 3-4 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook following package directions.
- Once cooked, drain, rinse and add to meat mixture.
- Stir cheese into goulash and enjoy!
Have Pinterest Boards?
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!