Spicy Cheesy Corn Tortilla Bake
Want a delicious corn casserole type of side dish? One that tastes so good and could be a meal in itself? Then this tasty recipe is just the one. This spicy cheesy corn tortilla bake will be gobbled up in no time and will be requested over and over again.
Loaded with two different types of cheese, corn, green onions and delicious corn tortillas, topped with sour cream and then smothered with a diced green chilies and buttermilk mixture, makes this one DELICIOUS tasting side dish.
Pictures do not do this spicy cheesy corn tortilla bake any justice but let me share with you all, it’s super yum! A great addition to serve with carnitas, carne asada, refried beans and rice.
With summer not to far away, this is a great dish to make, especially using sweet corn. I’m looking forward to delicious summer recipes, barbecues and amazing sweet corn.
If you love sour cream, add an additional spoonful on top then garnish with cilantro. Talk about tasty, cilantro always makes meals tastes better!
Try this spicy cheesy corn tortilla bake today
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 cups spicy cheese, grated (I used 3 alarm Colby Jack Cheese from Sam's Club®)
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 15 oz can whole kennel corn, drained
- 8 green onions, sliced (about ¾ - 1 cup)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 7 oz can diced green chilies.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, or a 3 quart baking dish, spray with non stick spray. Set aside.
- Heat tortillas over low flame and then cut 6 tortillas into 1" squares and place in the bottom of baking dish.
- Place half of the corn, green onions, sour cream and cheese on top of tortillas.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining tortillas, corn, green onions, sour cream, ending with cheese.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs.
- Add buttermilk and diced green chilies to eggs. Stir.
- Pour on top of tortilla mixture.
- Cover. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or so uncovered.
- Serve immediately.
- *If not served right away, the tortillas will soak up the liquid and might dry out a bit.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.