This gooey apple cake tastes amazing! The stickiness of the cake, topped with the cream cheese layer, and the crunchiness of the edges makes this one delicious cake. What a delicious apple dessert perfect for the fall season.
Look at this delicious layer of cheesecake. The cheesecake layer gets a little crunchy on top but is so creamy underneath as you can see!
This gooey apple cake recipe is from one of my dear friends that I met on Pinterest, Nancy. It’s delicious and easy to make, and has a cheesecake-like layer on top.
Apple Cake with Pecans
Seriously, I am an inside piece of cake kind of gal and the edges of this cake are amazing! The edges are both crunchy and sticky and I found myself eating mostly the edge pieces which I rarely do. Serving this cake cold is best but it’s great served warm too!
This cake is definitely so moist and chewy. I’ve made this gooey apple cake three times in the past three weeks.
Every bite of this gooey apple cake is loaded with pieces of apples and tasty bits of pecans. You could change it up a bit and add walnuts instead of the pecans too.
Try This Delicious Cake Recipe Today
Here is a delicious Apple Pecan Bread Pudding you’ll enjoy as well.
Gooey Apple Cake
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Alternate flour mixture and buttermilk into the sugar mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in apples and pecans.
- Add cake batter into prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat on low until combined.
- Beat in powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Fold in oatmeal and stir until combined.
- Gently spread the cheesecake topping over the cake covering it entirely.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving (Best served cold, but still delicious warm, especially the edges).
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest.