Crunchy Chicken Strips
It’s that time again when tailgating parties and get together with friends happen quite often. What’s better than serving some delicious crunchy chicken strips at your next tailgate party, or taking some to your next get together?
Boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips are definitely my “go to” recipe when I’m planning a tailgating party, or a get together with friends and family. These chicken strips are crispy, crunchy and juicy! The coating is what makes them so tasty! I truly believe it’s all in the coating, and how they are prepared, that makes them so good!
It all starts with the chicken! A big fat juicy chicken breast makes for some delicious homemade chicken strips. I love chicken! Just cut up a few breasts into long strips, then coat with flour, dip them in an egg wash, and then dip them in flour mixed with crushed pop crisp chips that are barbeque flavor (the pop crisp chips really make for a great coating on these strips. If you cannot find them in your potato chip aisle at the grocery store, you can always use regular chips). Fry em’ up and you have yourself a great appetizer!
Dipping them in BBQ sauce, or a dipping sauce of your choice, makes them that much more delicious! When you bite into one of these strips, you’ll love the taste and will be craving more. Having a wonderful appetizer to serve to your friends is always a plus. These strips are a hit for sure!
Crunchy Chicken Strips
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375° (use a pan if you don’t have a deep fryer).
- Cut each chicken breasts into approximately 5 strips.
- Pour 1 cup of flour into a large baggie and add 1 tsp of season salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper. Seal closed and shake up to mix.
- Empty the bag of air pop crisps into a second large baggie. Get a rolling pin and crush the chips until they are well crushed (if you can not find these pop crisp chips at your local grocery store, you can use regular BBQ chips).
- Add the remaining 1 cup of flour, 1 tsp each of season salt, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and ½ tsp pepper to the baggie with the air pop crisps. Seal and shake up to mix.
- In a shallow bowl, mix up the eggs.
- Take approximately 5 strips and add to the first bag of flour. Seal baggie and shake until chicken is well coated.
- Remove chicken and dip each strip into the egg wash.
- After you have dipped them in the egg wash, add the chicken strips to the second baggie, seal shut and shake until chicken is well coated.
- Remove and add chicken strips to the deep fryer. Cook for approximately 6-8 minutes, or until the outside is golden brown and the internal temperature is 165°F.
- Remove chicken once done and put on a plate with paper towels. Pat off excess oil with paper towels.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken strips.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.