If you have a love of all things buffalo, wait until you try these incredible buffalo turkey meatballs. These meatballs are made with low fat turkey and combined with buffalo flavor. The results are the moistest meatballs you will ever try.
Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
I love buffalo chicken. It is a flavorful meal that everyone loves, especially because you can adjust the amount of heat involved. These buffalo turkey meatballs were inspired by the great flavors of buffalo chicken and the results are absolutely amazing.
Can You Make Without Breadcrumbs?
I like to use breadcrumbs in my meatballs. I like that it helps to keep the meatballs moist and keeps them from falling apart. If you truly want to skip the breadcrumbs, whether it is because you want to keep them lower in carbs or that you need to avoid the gluten in the breadcrumbs, you can skip them in order to make them gluten free. It will cause the meatballs to be a little drier and the meatballs will not hold the round shape as well.
Turkey meatballs that do not have bread crumbs can have a mushier texture than the ones with breadcrumbs.
Why are my Turkey Meatballs Mushy
Ground turkey has a different consistency than ground beef. It tends to have a mushier texture on its own. By adding the right amount of breadcrumbs, you can make sure the turkey meatballs are not mushy.
Can you make these Meatballs with Ground Beef
If you would rather use ground beef in this recipe, you definitely can. Another great alternative for these buffalo meatballs would be ground chicken.
Are Buffalo Turkey Meatballs Made in the Crockpot
These turkey meatballs start in the oven. This is to help get that delicious caramelized crust. Once the meatballs come out of the oven, the meatballs go into the slow cooker and will cook for about 4 hours. This gives that delicious slow cooked flavor, but with the best tasting crust.
How to Store Cooked Meatballs
When you make these turkey meatballs, you want to make sure they are stored in the refrigerator. This will keep the meatballs from spoiling. Move the buffalo turkey meatballs to an airtight container or you can store the meatballs in the slow cooker pot and place in the refrigerator. Be sure to wrap the top with plastic wrap to keep the meatballs fresh.
What Do You Eat with Buffalo Meatballs
The great things about these buffalo meatballs is that there are so many ways to serve them. You can serve these meatballs as is, with nothing else. You can serve them with a side of blue cheese dressing or ranch. This is a great idea for a simple dinner or for a party or get together.
Another option is to serve the meatballs with rice or pasta. I like to use a pasta that is tossed with a lite olive oil or butter. This way it does not change the flavor of the meatballs.
You can also serve these meatballs on a roll and make a buffalo turkey meatball sub. No matter how you serve them, they are sure to be a hit that the whole family will love.
Ingredients To Make Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
- Ground turkey
- French’s Fried Onions®, crushed
- Bread crumbs
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded with a small grater
- Carrots, grated with a small grater
- Parsley flakes
- Garlic salt
- Celery leaves
- Slap Ya Mama®
- Buffalo Sauce
(Actual measurements are in the recipe card down below.)
How To Make Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with foil, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients together except for buffalo wing sauce.
- Roll into small one inch balls, about one inch in diameter, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in a small crock pot.
- Pour buffalo sauce over meatballs, cover, and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove and place in serving bowl, garnish with sliced green onions, optional.
Try this delicious recipe today.
Here are a few more delicious slow cooker recipes that can be found on the blog:
- Chicken Fried Steak Bites
- Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings
- Crock Pot Pineapple Habanero Meatballs
- Or try these 25 Game Day Appetizers
Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1½ cups French's Fried Onions®, crushed
- ⅔ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded with small grater
- ¼ cup carrots, grated with small grater
- 2 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp celery leaves
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama®
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with foil, set aside
- In a large bowl, using clean hands, mix together all ingredients except for the buffalo sauce
- Roll meat mixture into balls, about one inch in diameter, and place onto prepared baking sheet
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and place meatballs into small crock pot
- Pour buffalo sauce over meatballs, gently stir, cover, and cook on high for 4 hours
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission.
If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Only list the ingredients and make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.