Flap Meat Burritos
These flap meat burritos are super easy to make and tastes delicious. We are always concocting different ways to make burritos and these turned out great! This is an awesome tasting burrito that starts out in the crock pot.
Turn a larger size crock pot to high. First add chopped onions, then add the meat. Sprinkle with garlic salt, salt and pepper and spoon diced green chilies over the meat. Next, pour in the enchilada sauce and top with olives. Cover and cook for approximately 5 hours or until the meat falls apart.
After cutting up the lettuce, tomatoes, green onions and cilantro, and grating the cheese, start heating up the tortillas. Raw tortillas from Costco® are what I use but any type of flour tortilla will work. Once you start assembling the burritos, start layering the meat, grated cheese and lettuce. Roll up into a burrito and set aside until all the burritos are made. When you are ready to serve them, you might need to heat them up in the microwave a bit to melt the cheese. For each burrito, spoon some remaining sauce over the top, add some additional cheese, a spoonful of sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions and cilantro to the top of each burrito.
I don’t know too many people that don’t like cilantro. It’s such a great addition that makes food tastes so good. My man is one that does not care for cilantro and I think he’s crazy but I get it. Cilantro is not for everyone.
Another great ingredient to add is avocados. We just didn’t have any at the time I was taking pictures otherwise avocados would definitely be included. That’s another favorite.
Now it’s time to enjoy these delicious flap meat burritos. Pile on the goodies and enjoy! Also, these are great served with refried beans and Spanish rice.
Look at this mess, but let me tell you, this mess is delish! So yummy and definitely filling. The enchilada sauce flavors the meat so well.
We hope you enjoy these flap meat burritos as much as we do.
Try these flap meat burritos today
- 3 lbs flap meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 28 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 7 oz can sliced black olives, drained
- 12 -15 flour tortillas
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2+ cups grated cheese (use your favorite)
- Lettuce, tomatoes, green onion, cilantro
- Turn crock pot to high.
- Add chopped onions to the bottom of the crock pot.
- Put flap meat on top of onions.
- Sprinkle garlic salt, salt and pepper over meat.
- Spoon diced green chilies on top of meat.
- Pour enchilada sauce over meat.
- Add black olives and cover.
- Cook on high for 5 hours or until flap meat is tender.
- Heat tortillas, add meat mixture, top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions.
- Roll up into a burrito. Set aside and continue making all the burritos.
- Once the burritos are made, top each burrito with a few spoonfuls of sauce.
- Top with additional cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words. Also, make sure to link back to this post for the original recipe.