Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Here is a delicious Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo that is scrumptious, easy to make and can be on the table in no time. It’s super creamy and deliciously flavored!
Are you a lover of Alfredo sauce? We sure are and this is a perfect dish that will surely satisfy the seafood lovers and Alfredo lovers out there.
Chicken is amazing in this recipe as well and can also be substituted for the shrimp. I always order a dish kind of like this but with chicken at Red Lobster®. Oh so good!
To start off, bring water to a boil for the pasta. And for the sauce, in a large saucepan add butter, cream cheese, onions and garlic. Cook over low flame until the cream cheese is almost melted. Then add the heavy cream and seasonings stirring until melted. Next, stir in the Parmesan cheese. While the sauce and pasta are cooking and almost done, cook the shrimp.
You will not be disappointed. This Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo is super delicious.
Try this Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo today
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbs Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- I cup onions, chopped
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb box fettuccine pasta
- Place frozen shrimp in strainer and run cold water over shrimp. For these shrimp, I placed the strainer over a bowl and let the shrimp sit in the cold water for about 10 minutes to defrost.
- Once defrosted, pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Place Cajun seasoning, garlic salt, salt and pepper into a large baggie. Shake to mix.
- Add shrimp and gently shake to coat.
- Gently add shrimp to frying pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until done. About 2-3 minutes is all it takes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse, set aside.
- In a large sauce pan over low heat, add butter, cream cheese, onions and garlic.
- Stir and when almost melted, add heavy whipping cream, stir.
- Next add oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Whisk and cook on low until melted.
- Sprinkle in Parmesan cheese and cook until it thickens up a bit, stirring often (approximately 15 minutes).
- Once desired consistency is obtained, pour over pasta, top with Cajun shrimp.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.