Spicy Cheesy Potatoes
Here are some spicy cheesy potatoes that are real simple to put together. I don’t know about you, but I know that potatoes are a serious addiction for many of us! Whether it’s baked potatoes, french fries, or mashed potatoes, most of us love potatoes any way that they are prepared!
Spicy cheesy potatoes are a perfect side dish. These are a tad bit spicy! If you need to eliminate the Cajun spice, do it! We just LOVE spicy food, if you couldn’t tell. :)
These potatoes are cubed, seasoned, baked in the oven, then topped with cheese, sour cream and a few green onions! Yum! Add your favorite toppings and enjoy! Some topping ideas: 1) Chili style – chili, cheese, onions, 2) Taco style – beans, salsa, sour cream, green onions, avocado, cilantro and, 3) Breakfast style – scrambled eggs, cheese, salsa, crumbled bacon, etc… just to name a few ideas.
I have to thank Amanda, The Chunky Chef, for her guidance on how to make these elongated pins! I’m so excited to be up with the times finally when it comes to being able to make this type of pins! And, don’t forget to check out her blog, she has some amazing recipes you have to see!
THANK YOU Amanda for being so helpful! I totally appreciate all your help!!! :)
- 3-4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 Tbs minced onions
- 1 Tbs garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2-3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Sour cream, optional
- Green onion, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a baking sheet with non stick spray. Set aside.
- Peel and cube potatoes and place in large baggie.
- Add Cajun seasoning, minced onions, garlic salt, pepper and vegetable oil.
- Seal baggie and shake until potatoes are well coated.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until potatoes completely cooked and crispy.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of potatoes.
- Place in a serving dish
- Top with sour cream and green onions, or toppings of your choice.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!