Peach Cobbler Recipe
With summer in full swing, and all the delicious summer fruits available, I decided to make a delicious, homemade, fresh peach cobbler. I have made quite a few peach cobblers in my day but this one is a bit different. It’s mostly organic for starters. I try to use the healthiest ingredients and this tastes just as good as the other delicious cobblers out there. A perfect summer dessert, this made from scratch fresh peach cobbler is packed full of fresh, juicy, ripe peaches then topped with a delicious cake-like, crunchy topping.
Homemade Peach Cobbler
The smell right now in my kitchen is unbelievable as this delicious homemade peach cobbler is baking. The mixture of the peaches, with the cinnamon and the juices, smell SO GOOD! I’m surprising my man with one of his favorites desserts. I don’t know how much of a surprise it’s going to be with this smell permeating all over the house.
Southern Peach Cobbler
When you make this, it’s best to use fresh peaches. Just peel, remove the pits and slice the peaches to the desired thickness. I sliced my peaches about ¼-1/2 inch wide. Once this fresh peach cobbler is done baking, and is still warm, make sure to add a scoop of ice cream on top. We use the dairy-free vanilla ice cream, which tastes great! So whatever your choice, dairy-free or regular ice cream, make sure to add it to this fresh peach cobbler. A classic Southern peach cobbler recipe perfect for the summer season.
Easy Peach Cobbler
This cobbler is super easy to make and the smell of this cobbler baking reminds me of fall, which is right around the corner. Fall is my favorite time of year for baking. All the delicious desserts that are made during the fall are always a favorite. I cannot wait to start baking all sorts of delicious fall desserts. But in the meantime, how about baking your family a delicious fresh peach cobbler? And… this is still considered vegan. You won’t even believe it. Yay! A delicious vegan peach cobbler recipe that the whole family will love! And if you love cherry cobbler, this easy cherry cobbler recipe is amazingly delicious as well.
Try This Delicious Fresh Peach Cobbler Today
Here are a few more delicious cobblers your can find on the blog: Peach Blackberry Cobbler, Blueberry Cobbler, Caramel Apple Pecan Cobbler, and Blackberry Cobbler, plus more delicious dessert recipes.
Fresh Peach Cobbler
For the filling:
For the topping:
- 4 tsp organic sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Peel, remove pits and slice peaches. Add to large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, corn starch, lemon juice and nutmeg over peaches.
- Stir until peaches are coated.
- Pour into an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Using a pastry blender, mix butter into flour mixture and blend until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Pour in boiling water and stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture over peaches and spread gently making sure to cover the peaches.
- In a small bowl, mix organic sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on top of the cobbler.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
- Top with dairy-free vanilla ice cream (or ice cream of your choice).
- Best served warm. Enjoy!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.