Crock pot recipes are one of the easiest ways to cook and my favorite way to save time in the kitchen. My crock pot cheesy chicken is to die for and the flavor is outstanding. Each bite is loaded with cheese, super flavorful and creamy.
Why You’ll Love This Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Recipe
- It’s super easy to make. Just add all the ingredients to the crock pot and let it slow cook until tender and juicy.
- It’s delicious! The chicken is slow cooked to perfection and is covered in melty cheese. A delicious comfort food recipe that is great any time of the year and especially on a cold day.
- It is very versatile. It’s great served over rice, pasta, or just by itself with a side salad and crusty bread.
Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Ingredients
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Medium onion
- Swiss cheese
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Melted butter
- Rotel® (diced tomatoes and peppers)
- Cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup
- Dry stuffing mix, I used Stove Top®
- Chicken broth
How to Make Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken
This is a super easy and delicious crock pot chicken recipe that only takes a few simple ingredients and a few steps to make. Basically just add everything to the crock pot and let it slow cook until tender.
Step 1 – Prep
Spray a 6 or 8 quart crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2 – Add the Ingredients
Add the onions to the bottom of the crock pot and then add the chicken breasts on top. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Top with piece of chicken with two slices of Swiss cheese. Sprinkle the stuffing mix over the chicken and then add the melted butter. Pour the Rotel and soup over the chicken and then add the chicken broth.
Step 3 – Cover and Cook
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, or by itself with a side salad and crusty bread.
Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken
This crock pot cheesy chicken recipe is adapted from a very wonderful lady I met while we were waiting for our patient to arrive home last week. As you know, I’m a hospice admissions RN and with my job I meet the most wonderful patients and families. On this night as we were waiting, my new friend, showed me her family pictures that were covering the walls of her wonderful family, her husband and all of her children and grandchildren. What beautiful pictures. Some very old, some recent and my favorite was a silhouette picture of her and her husband. While we were waiting, we started talking food. You know, I’m totally in heaven now. Food? Oh yeah, right up my alley.
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipe
My new friend was telling me all about her wonderful meals that she makes and her favorite recipes. Her buttermilk pancakes sounded absolutely delicious. As we were talking, I shared with her how my niece, Holli, won Hell’s Kitchen Season 7 and how Holli always knew she wanted to be a chef from just a young child (I’m so proud of her). Anyway, we continued chatting about different foods, our favorites and our specialties we make. The recipe is not the exact recipe she told me about because I didn’t have some of the ingredients she recommended. However, I will be making her recipe at a later time exactly as it was shared with me.
But in the meantime, this crock pot cheesy chicken meal is one that will be made over and over, it’s that good! Because the chicken is so moist and tender, trying to get wonderful pics was a bit difficult. Trust me when I say, even though the pics look a little messy, this crock pot cheesy chicken is so delicious.
This crock pot cheesy chicken would be great served over a bed of rice too. Also, stuffed into a flour tortilla to make a delicious tasting burrito would be tasty. I know what we are having for dinner tonight. Yum!
More Delicious Crock Pot Chicken Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- Crock Pot Hatch Salsa Chicken
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Soup
- Crock Pot Hearty Chicken Stew
- Crock Pot Chicken Broccoli Rice
- Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Try This Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Recipe Today
Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken
- Spray a crock pot with a non stick spray.
- Place onions in bottom of crock pot then add chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Top each piece of chicken with 2 pieces of Swiss cheese.
- Add stuffing mix then pour melted butter over chicken.
- Pour Rotel® and cream of mushroom soup over chicken and then add chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
*I have received some comments that there is too much liquid with this recipe. I’m thinking that might be due to the size of the chicken breast. I used larger size chicken breasts in this recipe. However I have decreased the amount of the chicken broth to 1 cup. If you feel like there is too much liquid, remove the chicken and then continue cooking the sauce, uncovered, on high until the desired consistency is reached.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.