Creamy Cheesy Spicy Taco Pasta
I’ve been on a comfort food kick lately! This creamy cheesy spicy taco pasta is totally comfort food with a kick! Pasta anything is comfort food to me! This taco pasta is so full of flavor, and if you love spicy, you’re going to love this!
This creamy cheesy spicy taco pasta has cream cheese, sour cream and some other delicious ingredients which gives this pasta dish such wonderful flavor. Even the diced jalapenos give it an extra kick!
I had pinned a recipe, over 3 years ago from Overworked Supermom, where this recipe has been adapted from. I made this delicious pasta dish multiple times over the past 3 years, with a few additional ingredients added. This creamy cheesy spicy taco pasta is a huge hit every time it’s served for dinner! Left overs don’t last long at our house either!
Even though there is sour cream in the taco pasta, we seem to always add a spoonful on top of our bowls, along with extra cheese and some green onions. You can never have too much sour cream!
This is a great dish to make when friends or family come over! Very satisfying and tasty! I can pretty much guarantee they will definitely ask you for the recipe, it’s that good!
Add this wonderful tasting creamy cheesy spicy taco pasta to your menu! This is definitely a great meal to serve any night of the week!
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 Tbs taco seasoning, or 1 taco seasoning packet
- 2 10 oz cans Rotel®
- 1 Tbs diced jalapenos
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 12 oz box of elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
- ½ cup pasta water
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a large oval baking dish with non stick spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil over medium heat.
- Add pasta. Cook until al dente.
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup of pasta water. Rinse and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef, onions, garlic salt, salt and pepper over low/medium heat until meat is cooked thoroughly.
- Drain grease. Return ground beef to skillet.
- Stir taco seasoning, jalapenos and Rotel® into meat mixture. Stir until combined.
- Continuing cooking over low heat for 4 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, pasta water until well combined.
- Add pasta and 2 cups of grated cheese into meat mixture and stir.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining cup of grated cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes uncovered until cheese is melted.
- Optional, top with additional sour cream, cheese, green onions and cilantro if desired.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!