Growing up and having the different memories of the food I ate as a child, and continue to eat as an adult, makes cooking these type of meals so much more enjoyable! This is a fast and easy meal, and one that won’t keep you in the kitchen long. Goulash is one of those meals that can quickly be made as a last minute, quick dinner, dish.
All you have to do is brown the meat and onions, put in some corn, jalapenos and sauce, cook up the noodles and wah-lah, dinner!! With the busy schedules that most of us have, having a quick and easy meal makes dinner time a breeze!
This goulash is a quick meal that even kids will love. I can remember eating this when I was younger and every time my Mom would make goulash, I remember getting so excited for dinner. I think I was the first one to the table!
You could easily add in some cheese to this goulash to make is a cheesy version of an old favorite. I have added different foods to this at different times, like tomatoes and bell peppers, just to name a few, and it’s always tasty and satisfying! You could even add in some cilantro!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 24-32oz of spaghetti sauce
- 16 oz box of elbow macaroni
- 1 can corn
- 10 oz can Rotel
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 sm. can jalapenos (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef, onion, garlic and seasonings, in a large skillet or pan.
- Drain the meat after it’s completely cooked and return to pan.
- Add spaghetti sauce, Rotel, corn and jalapenos in with the ground beef.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, in a large pan, boil water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain and return noodles back to the pan. Add in the meat mixture and stir well.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!