This spicy chicken and rice is really, really delicious and super easy to make. It also has a little bite to it which makes it even more delicious! This spicy chicken and rice is definitely great grub!
If you are not into spicy foods, just omit the jalapeno and the spicy Rotel. Just add two regular cans of Rotel. If you like your food with a spicier bite to it, just leave a few seeds from the jalapeno. This will definitely taste great either way, so give it a try.
Making wraps or burritos with this chicken and rice is super easy! Just heat up some tortillas, add some cheese and sour cream to this chicken mixture, wrap it up and enjoy! For breakfast burritos, add scramble eggs and you have another meal that is definitely great to serve for breakfast.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 23 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 10 oz can Rotel, (1 original and 1 spicy)
- 1 jalapeno, diced and seeds removed (optional)
- 2 C rice, uncooked
- 2 C water
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- In a large dutch oven, boil chicken until done. Drain water and rinse chicken.
- Once chicken has cooled enough to handle, shred chicken and add to large skillet or dutch oven.
- Chop onion, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Add to pan.
- Add soup, Rotel, and water to pan. Stir.
- Add rice, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium/low heat.
- Reduce heat, cover and continue cooking on low heat for 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Remove from heat. Serve with vegetables or tortillas and cheese.
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!