Pumpkin Pecan Cake
Fall season is approaching and nothing says Fall like pumpkin! I personally find the aroma of pumpkin to be one of the most comforting scents that can fill your home. It reminds me of the holidays and spending time with family, and honestly, what’s better than that? This pumpkin pecan cake is just the dessert to bake to share during the holiday season!
This cake is full of flavor and each piece is perfectly covered in frosting (well it’s supposed to be…lol). My family just can’t get enough. I cannot seem to keep this on the table longer than a couple of hours, before it vanishes. It’s that good!
Pumpkin and Pecans… two things that go hand in hand! Two things that make this cake one that I know you will want to make throughout the year. So give it a try, and I promise, you and your family will enjoy this cake over and over again!
Try this pumpkin pecan cake today!
- 3 cups of flour (unsifted)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil (I use Canola oil)
- 1 15 oz can of Pumpkin (I use Libby’s 100% pure pumpkin)
- 1½ cup chopped pecans
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ stick of butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 325°
- In a medium size bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, on low speed, until they are mixed well with a foamy appearance.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until mixture turns a creamish color.
- Add oil and mix until well combined.
- Next, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, alternating with pumpkin mix, ending with dry ingredients, on low speed until smooth.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into an ungreased tube pan and bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until your tooth pick comes out clean. Start checking at 55 minutes.
- Beat on medium speed, cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and beat on low speed until well blended.
- Add pumpkin pie spice and mix until well combined.
Frosting adapted from PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest!
Copyright © Great Grub, Delicious Treats. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.